Aramis2288

Best Watch YouTube Channels:

Aramis2288
16 minutes ago, deju said:

Other dealers having to do damage control due to TPG. 

Honestly agree. So poorly executed.

Here's the thing. PR flops do happen from time to time even to the best and biggest. But it's one thing to f. something up this badly and it's another to make such a drama and then simply delete the video because all the community went ape sht on you.

A good example is Alpha M. Huge channel, approaching 6.500.000 subscribers. Once upon a time, he did a paid video trying to prove why MVMT watches are better than Rolex. He got ripped to shreds for it, but he sucked it up and after almost 3 years the infamous vlog is still there with over 35.000 dislikes. Now, that's what I call handling a flop with dignity.

GenTLe

I would add:

Ben's Watch Club

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zt4qDcBH5OcSRth5PbZqw

He speaks mainly of cheap pieces, but he is objective on them so gets my vote

Federico Talks Watches

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH27JDu8g6tPDIjDikVGPog

He is an independent dealer based in USA, but he's from Naples as origin and, apart the 1.5min advert to his own business at the beginning of every video, he puts up some interesting comments

• Like 1

Aramis2288
11 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I would add:

Ben's Watch Club

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zt4qDcBH5OcSRth5PbZqw

He speaks mainly of cheap pieces, but he is objective on them so gets my vote

Federico Talks Watches

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH27JDu8g6tPDIjDikVGPog

He is an independent dealer based in USA, but he's from Naples as origin and, apart the 1.5min advert to his own business at the beginning of every video, he puts up some interesting comments

Thanks! Added.

Edited by Aramis2288

GenTLe
15 hours ago, Glaude said:

TPG ... :rofl: 

They are trying so so hard to be recognized in their business and so hard to be "the big deal" on Youtube, failing at both and especially with this recent video "scandal". I don't think they realize how many people watch them to make fun of them rather than out of admiration or interest.

Who's TPG?

als86
11 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Who's TPG?

Timepiece Gentleman : Anthony Farrer 

• Like 1

Aramis2288
21 minutes ago, GenTLe said:
Who's TPG?

Time Piece Gentleman. YouTube channel which caused lots of drama during last week.

Long story short, they are watch dealers. Their channel was allegedly showing the life & times of a dealer from behind a curtain. About a week ago they disappeared causing a ton of suspicions and drama among the whole community. Of course, it turned out to be a badly executed marketing stunt that backfired at them very heavily. They released some video about it yesterday but after receiving a tsunami of hate they have taken it down and now other channels seem to be trying to do damage control for them.

Huge PR flop based on an idiotic idea, poorly executed, and terribly handled afterward.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

GenTLe
4 minutes ago, als86 said:

Timepiece Gentleman : Anthony Farrer 

4 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

Time Piece Gentleman. YouTube channel which caused lots of drama during last week.

Thanks, I don't know them.

Another one that I feel like an anal plug made of barbed wire is this guy . Apart that its tastes are ATROCIOUS, he is just bragging off about spending money on all his channel and know absolutely NOTHING about what is buying... Such a prick...

• Like 1

Aramis2288
7 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Another one that I feel like an anal plug made of barbed wire is this guy. Apart that its tastes are ATROCIOUS, he is just bragging off about spending money on all his channel and know absolutely NOTHING about what is buying... Such a prick...

Ah, Producer Michael. Is his taste really that atrocious though? I mean, if you close your eyes, blindfold yourself and wear a really dark pair of shadies à la Stevie Wonder, you will barely be able to see all the bling-bling :D:blind:

Hahah, in all seriousness, yeah, he is a bit.... you know... "special". But kinda funny at the same time. The guy is a caricature of himself in a way.:giggle:

• Like 1

Zarbus
3 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

Here's the thing. PR flops do happen from time to time even to the best and biggest. But it's one thing to f. something up this badly and it's another to make such a drama and then simply delete the video because all the community went ape sht on you.

A good example is Alpha M. Huge channel, approaching 6.500.000 subscribers. Once upon a time, he did a paid video trying to prove why MVMT watches are better than Rolex. He got ripped to shreds for it, but he sucked it up and after almost 3 years the infamous vlog is still there with over 35.000 dislikes. Now, that's what I call handling a flop with dignity.

100% Agreed, the "unforgivable" issue with TPG's PR stunt is that people feel treated like idiots.

Mistakes happen and people forgive easily usually, but mistakes are harder to forget if you feel fooled...

• When Logan Paul created an outrage over the internet because of his Japan video, many people did not agree with him, and it was massively disrespectful for the Japanese culture and the people who died in that forest, but he did not insult his own community by pranking them directly, making them doubt in the integrity of the whole youtube entertainment industry.
  • When Alpha M did his video and after it backfired, he did not say later "hey you're all stupid, you did not understand it was a joke". He admitted that it backfired and was a mistake. In his case even though the comparison between MVMT and Rolex was silly, most people did not believe it and it did not create confusion in the watch community.  It was just a stupid video to make.
  • There is a difference between making an over-the-top statement that makes you look stupid, and making a statement that makes other doubt in what they believe.

TPG treated their own community like idiots by pranking them and making everyone doubt in Grey Sellers, they treated Archie like an idiot by pranking him (even though it's easy to dislike him, it's an easy target), and now they are not even taking ownership of their mistakes, they're just implying that people are stupid for spending so much time on social media and should be ashamed for not helping charities like they do.

I don't think it will totally ruin their career though. We've all seen people recovering from worse things than that, but if they don't learn the lessons and do not take radical actions to respect their community moving forward they won't last.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
39 minutes ago, Zarbus said:

TPG treated their own community like idiots by pranking them and making everyone doubt in Grey Sellers, they treated Archie like an idiot by pranking him (even though it's easy to dislike him, it's an easy target), and now they are not even taking ownership of their mistakes, they're just implying that people are stupid for spending so much time on social media and should be ashamed for not helping charities like they do.

I agree. That's the most ridiculous part. They make a noise semi-indirectly impacting other watch dealers, come back with the charity cover story assuming that people will not see through it, and then they just delete the controversial video without taking responsibility for their own mess. 

As if they could not just support charities without this whole shit show.

thejudge

What I find the most shocking is TPG has only lost 3000 subscribers, even at a best possible outcome I cant see him being able to keep 50% after that stunt.  It tends to suggest to me his subscriptions may not all be genuine.

He is also now claiming people are trying to maliciously ruin his business yet last week he spent most of it plotting, scheming, ghosting against his friends, fellow you-tubers and customers rather than running his business the only person he has to blame is himself

Glaude
5 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Thanks, I don't know them.

Another one that I feel like an anal plug made of barbed wire is this guy . Apart that its tastes are ATROCIOUS, he is just bragging off about spending money on all his channel and know absolutely NOTHING about what is buying... Such a prick...

Ah Producer Michael, I love that guy and the channel, I like that he doesn't hide his special taste, he knows they are not common and he doesn't hide the fact that he's rich, but he's not bragging about it either, he just show what he got but if you take the channel just by looking at a few video, he can appear like a douche bag, but I assure you, he as a good philosophy about money and on people not as fortunate as him.

3 hours ago, Zarbus said:

100% Agreed, the "unforgivable" issue with TPG's PR stunt is that people feel treated like idiots.

Mistakes happen and people forgive easily usually, but mistakes are harder to forget if you feel fooled...

• When Logan Paul created an outrage over the internet because of his Japan video, many people did not agree with him, and it was massively disrespectful for the Japanese culture and the people who died in that forest, but he did not insult his own community by pranking them directly, making them doubt in the integrity of the whole youtube entertainment industry.
  • When Alpha M did his video and after it backfired, he did not say later "hey you're all stupid, you did not understand it was a joke". He admitted that it backfired and was a mistake. In his case even though the comparison between MVMT and Rolex was silly, most people did not believe it and it did not create confusion in the watch community.  It was just a stupid video to make.
  • There is a difference between making an over-the-top statement that makes you look stupid, and making a statement that makes other doubt in what they believe.

I don't think it will totally ruin their career though. We've all seen people recovering from worse things than that, but if they don't learn the lessons and do not take radical actions to respect their community moving forward they won't last.

The PR stunt is one thing, badly done as said before, but the PR in itself is just bad communication. The problem is here, they apparently disappeared completely, not answering phone etc... when holding watches & money of people ... you don't play with that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Archie firing back

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

tribefan
1 hour ago, thejudge said:

What I find the most shocking is TPG has only lost 3000 subscribers, even at a best possible outcome I cant see him being able to keep 50% after that stunt.  It tends to suggest to me his subscriptions may not all be genuine.

He is also now claiming people are trying to maliciously ruin his business yet last week he spent most of it plotting, scheming, ghosting against his friends, fellow you-tubers and customers rather than running his business the only person he has to blame is himself

When it comes to YT, subscribers really don't mean shit except to drive their algos. They get paid on views. It seems pretty clear they are manipulating the subscribers and likes to drive algos, and they are certainly getting the views. People will keep watching because who doesn't like a good train wreck and they will have good residual income for a while.

The larger issue is the underlying flipping business relies on them being able to buy and sell from and to people that trust them, and that has got to be taking a monstrous hit. They also have cash flow issues, I don't care what anyone says, it is fairly basic math to figure out 10% margins on goods requires extraordinary inventory movement, or someone has to finance the inventory. You can hide a cash flow problem for a while if you have huge growth and high churn, which is exactly what this market has been. But at some point it catches up and poof, you can't pay bills. Given the dumb fuck they call an Operations Mgr can't even keep track of a fucking spreadsheet, they are destined for a really bad ending.

So doing something that artificially accelerates that is a really dumb thing to do. And it seems to me shutting down your business for a week and not telling anyone that you are doing it or why would certainly accelerate that process.

• Like 1

Aramis2288

I honestly curious whether they could be that immensely dumb to think this is gonna end up well? Or is there some sort of hidden agenda?

If I was to bet, I would certainly put my money on option number 1.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

fatarms

Archie looks like he bobs for apples in hornet nests. 

• Like 1

Fergulator72

The Urban Gentry is pretty good

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

k3rm87
2 hours ago, Fergulator72 said:

The Urban Gentry is pretty good

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

:bsmeter:

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Speaking about Social Media in general, some of the folks are pretty excited by Jenni Elle.

Well, completely accidentally, I found another lady, who seems to have 2 huge arguments for Rolex collecting. It took me good 5 minutes to realize there are some watches on these pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/vekiss_2/

P.S. I would like to dedicate this post wholeheartedly to @TheGingerFerret and @BoobBandit. You will thank me later :thumbsup:

• Like 2

BoobBandit
3 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

Speaking about Social Media in general, some of the folks are pretty excited by Jenni Elle.

Well, completely accidentally, I found another lady, who seems to have 2 huge arguments for Rolex collecting. It took me good 5 minutes to realize there are some watches on these pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/vekiss_2/

P.S. I would like to dedicate this post wholeheartedly to @TheGingerFerret and @BoobBandit. You will thank me later :thumbsup:

There were watches? :boobies:

• Like 1

thejudge
9 minutes ago, BoobBandit said:

are they Gen though?

• Like 1

Aramis2288
5 minutes ago, thejudge said:

are they Gen though?

Does it matter? You know that Santa isn't real but you still like the Christmas gifts, yeh? :D

17 minutes ago, BoobBandit said:

What watches? :blind:

• Like 1

BoobBandit

@Aramis2288

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zarbus
3 hours ago, thejudge said:

Might wanna check out Watch Gringa = Jennie Elle + Alcohol

watch gringa - YouTube

I did not know that one and I don't know how I feel about it lol... But everyone has their own taste and I respect that lady for bringing up unusual content and creating that niche :beer2:

In the same vein (unusual combination and polarizing characters), you might also want to check the Richard Prafit Rolex And Real Estate Channel.  Do not watch if you don't like "Roooooleeeex" as Archie would say and if you don't like the bling, but the guy seems to have a good heart.

It makes me think that we should differentiate at least 2 categories of YouTube Watch Channels: The informative ones and the entertaining ones :)