MarcoF

Help recognizing movement

MarcoF

Hello Gents,

I would like some help recognizing this movement. Comes out of a ladies omega constellation.

Any suggestions?

jz3ljk.jpg jz3BvD.jpg

GenTLe

Half dismantled in this way it's not easy to understand... It kind of looks similar to a Seiko NH35 but...

MarcoF

Thank you… i’m still not sure… my watchmaker said he will replace it but he can’t recognize it.

my TD says it’s a miyota 8520 but I can’t find any literature on it

GenTLe
19 minutes ago, MarcoF said:

Thank you… i’m still not sure… my watchmaker said he will replace it but he can’t recognize it.

my TD says it’s a miyota 8520 but I can’t find any literature on it

No such thing, Miyota movements (auto) are 8215 (and the relative variants) and 9015 (and relative variants). 

8520 is an Omega movement... And surely there's not an Omega gen movement into a rep...

By the way, did it broke? Because if it's not broken a service will fix it without the need of a new one...

MarcoF

I thought so… unfortunately i’m aware TD tell white lies. I am thinking this is a chinese replica of some sort. (DG?)

my watchmaker says he can’t service it and I don’t know anybody able to do it.

Do you have any suggestions?

GenTLe
2 hours ago, MarcoF said:

I thought so… unfortunately i’m aware TD tell white lies. I am thinking this is a chinese replica of some sort. (DG?)

my watchmaker says he can’t service it and I don’t know anybody able to do it.

Do you have any suggestions?

It's not that TDs tell lies, they simply don't know A FUCK about movements :) They're resellers, not aficionados. They simply reply what the factory say them.
Suggestions... Well, considering the cost involved into getting a new movement that probably won't even fit well and the subsequent issues... Get a new one: there are those with NH35 inside that are well made and the movement is easy to find and repair if necessary. 

• Like 2

Rx4Time

Perhaps a link to where you purchased it from, Someone might know what movement is actually in there.  Depending on the maker it could be a 2824/36, miyota, Seiko, dg2813, or some custom movement.   

MarcoF

I bought it from Mary (she’s a TD here) it is from V6F factory.

GenTLe

How old is this thing? I did some research and I have found only the VSF (not V6F) ones with the superclone movement (which is different)...

TDFBluWaffle

Based on the info you provided I presume it's an Seiko NH05(A) Movement. Maybe it had an Omega 8520 deco plate which confused the watchmaker. 

Any info on size would be very helpful. The NH05A should be 17.5mm. 

• Like 1

GenTLe
17 minutes ago, TDFBluWaffle said:

Based on the info you provided I presume it's an Seiko NH05(A) Movement. Maybe it had an Omega 8520 deco plate which confused the watchmaker. 

Yeah, you got it I think!

Here a replacement: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000128679091.html

MarcoF
17 hours ago, GenTLe said:

How old is this thing? I did some research and I have found only the VSF (not V6F) ones with the superclone movement (which is different)...

MarcoF
16 hours ago, TDFBluWaffle said:

Any info on size would be very helpful. The NH05A should be 17.5mm. 

I’ll go measure it. Will be back.