Chantroyal

Overwound PAM 372

Chantroyal

Hi All,

A friend of mine has recently overwound (It seems) a PAM372 Rep that I sold to him.

Is there an easy fix or it it a jeweller job?

Cheers!

edwinowl

You cant overwind a watch my friend.. If it continually winds without tension increasing then its the main spring broken and someone who knows what theyre doing..

Chantroyal
6 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

You cant overwind a watch my friend.. If it continually winds without tension increasing then its the main spring broken and someone who knows what theyre doing..

Hi Mate,

Thanks for coming back - the winder will actually not do any further. Like it had reached "the end" - However the watch does not move. You can pop the winder out and change the time etc but once the winder is back in you can not turn the winder any more.

Thank you

NCRich
38 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Actually you can overwind many hand wind movements.

• Like 3

tribefan

Assuming it is a modified A6497 those are not hard to fix even if you have to replace a mainspring, but you definitely want someone who knows what they are doing looking at it.

• Like 2

Phoenixboy

i thought i had done this on one of mine a long time ago, but gave it a couple of slaps and it started, and never happened again...

tonyh7

You can overwind a hand wind movement, though it is a bit of a schoolboy error. Could it be something else? You could always try slapping it hard against your palm. Has been known to bring a 6497 back to life. Otherwise I think you need a watchsmith - should be and easy fix. 

tonyh7
52 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

I had one like that and it turned out that the some of the screws that held it together were too short  (and rusted) and that that the bridges were loose. That was on a Noob pam as well. 

edwinowl
On 15/07/2021 at 15:43, tonyh7 said:

You can overwind a hand wind movement, though it is a bit of a schoolboy error. Could it be something else? You could always try slapping it hard against your palm. Has been known to bring a 6497 back to life. Otherwise I think you need a watchsmith - should be and easy fix. 

You can’t. Unless you use some pliers or major brute force the main spring is protected against over winding. 

Pp04811

Depending on where you are someone like rollie could probably sort it, the guy is a legend. 

Edited by Pp04811
  • Like 1

BadPickle

Is there really such a thing as overwinding?   Or is it just broken?  :lol: 

you wound it, now you can’t = broken needs fixing 

switch out the movement job done