no_sauce_man

Low Buck DJ 16200 Build- Advice Needed!

no_sauce_man

I've been wanting to put together a Datejust from Raffles parts for a while, and I finally got around to making a game plan. I'd like end up with something similar to this;

AVW-Rolex-Datejust-16200-1990-1-Front.jpg

Trick is, I want to do it on a sub-$200ish budget. The parts list I've compiled comes to around $140, excluding stuff like dial dots and what-have-you. 

Nearly all the parts are coming from Raffles, with the exception of the movement from Ebay and a seconds hand from Esslinger. I'm not too terribly concerned about closeness to gen, I'd just like a decent watch that looks neat, and I'm not afraid to wear as a daily beater. 

Case- 36mm DJ case, smooth bezel, drilled lugs, 2824/NH35

Dial- 28mm Silver sunburst, baton indices, 16200

Hands- I'd like to find a thinner, more 'vintage' style but for now, 2824 DJ baton hands from Raffles + Esslinger .17 seconds hand

DWO- White disc overlay, newer style with closed 6's and 9's

Movement- NH35

The NH35 was my choice because it seems like it has the most compatibility across all the parts, i.e. fitting the case, dial, 2/3 of the hand set, and the DWO. I've also had a better relationship with it over the 2813.

I've read through NCRich's tutorial on swapping an NH35 into a Sea-Dweller, and I'm comfortable with modding watches, but I'm more concerned about the smaller case size and the clearances under the dial. The NH35 should fit into the case, maybe with a gasket or something to hold it in place, but if I need a movement spacer so the DWO doesn't hit the dial, I'm worried the hands will hit the indices, or the seconds pinion will hit the crystal. Can anyone offer me some wisdom on this?