jwlanky

BELL & ROSS BR03-88....

jwlanky

Guys I have a genuine (I hope) BR03-88 SS watch, which after a baterry changing incident have damaged the hands (dont ask!). Given the word is that some of the BR reps are so accurate they could probably get an official service, would you expect that the hands from a rep coudl be transplanted onto my gen one - or am I being too optimistic?

deju

Considering the Gen can be bought for £1300-1500 and the rep is rare as hell and going to trade at £600+ I can't see where the benefit would be in trying to source the rep when you should just send back to B&R and it will be cheaper than stripping the rep. 

But yes, My rep has the exact same ETA quartz as the gen. So the hands fit.

GenTLe
19 minutes ago, jwlanky said:

Guys I have a genuine (I hope) BR03-88 SS watch, which after a baterry changing incident have damaged the hands (dont ask!). Given the word is that some of the BR reps are so accurate they could probably get an official service, would you expect that the hands from a rep coudl be transplanted onto my gen one - or am I being too optimistic?

The rep hands will fit (movement is exactly the same), but you'll not find them as they're out of stock from years now.

jwlanky

Thanks Guys. Ill brace myself so seeing how much BR watch to sort it. 

Whilst on who's a good TD for BR reps at the moment? 

deju

All the TD's have access to the same reps.

Best to contact one that suits you, the BR03-88 is no longer available. There maybe fantasy quartz kicking about but they are not super rep.

GenTLe
5 minutes ago, jwlanky said:

Thanks Guys. Ill brace myself so seeing how much BR watch to sort it. 

Whilst on who's a good TD for BR reps at the moment? 

If it's just a matter of replacing the hands, it shouldn't be (hopefully) over 300$. It's a 30 min job and the hands cost (to them) not more than 10$ a set... Then there's the luxury crap costs...

jwlanky
18 minutes ago, deju said:

All the TD's have access to the same reps.

Best to contact one that suits you, the BR03-88 is no longer available. There maybe fantasy quartz kicking about but they are not super rep.

Ahh interesting to note. Thanks

16 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

If it's just a matter of replacing the hands, it shouldn't be (hopefully) over 300$. It's a 30 min job and the hands cost (to them) not more than 10$ a set... Then there's the luxury crap costs...

Ive asked for a quote and will brace for what they say.