Sign in to follow this  
2point

Tissot PR 100 Autoquartz - what to do with it

2point

I bought this back in 1999, excellent watch that had served me well. Dressy enough for a suit, casual enough for everything else.

Bad news was 2 years ago I was run over while wearing it (no laughing at the back!). The case took a bit of a battering and I lost one of the bracelet links as I hit the road.

The movement is apprently compatible with the ETA 2824, as that is what the movement is based on. It's an ETA 205.111, the same movement that was in the Omegamatic Seamaster.

Now, what to do with it? Keep it as a spare and transplant it into a rep when the 21j movement craps out or offload it?

How much do you think this could be worth, looked on ebay but can't find any for sale or any int he completed listings.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Tissot/PR100AutoQuartzBack1.htm

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Tissot/PR100AutoQuartzFront.htm

mspangl

Get a leather strap for it and wear it ;)

2point

The case is too badly damaged, otherwise I would.

mspangl

The case is too badly damaged, otherwise I would.

Try to get a quote from an AD then.. Might not be that bad

Wiz

The damages should have been covered by the insurrance of the guy who ran over you.

mulder
The damages should have been covered by the insurrance of the guy who ran over you.

It was a panerai wasnt it not a Tissot? ;)

solkryssare

Yeah. Make the fucker pay for it. Install a rep Rolex dial and tell him its a prototype worth MILLIONS!

mspangl

Yeah. Make the fucker pay for it. Install a rep Rolex dial and tell him its a prototype worth MILLIONS!

;)

2point

It was a woman(obviously) in a Merc SL, she jumped the lights. As soon as they changed to amber she floored it, not seeing me in front of her crossing. I went flying, but only cuts and bruises. Banged my head a bit so was spaced out afterwards.

Being not with it I didn't get the reg or any other details from the woman, followed it up with the police but without the actual reg I was getting nowhere. It was on one of the few junctions/roads in Glasgow that isn't covered by a camera so couldn't even trace the car.

All those adverts on TV 'had an accident that wasn't your fault' just taunt me!

solkryssare

Nice looking watch you had on tho....

TissoAutoQuartzFront.jpg

2point

Nice work! ;)

solkryssare

But seriously tho. If the watch is too damaged to wear, I doubt you'll get more than a happy meal worth for it on the bay. Keep it as a memory of how precious life is and how swiftly it can be taken away from us.