fatarms

ZF vs V6F, errr... BP Spitfire 3878 Grey Dial

fatarms

Yeah, this topic has been beaten like a dead horse over at RWI.  RWI lists the V6F as a NWBIG due to the correct 60 minute chrono subdial (as opposed to the ZF being a 30 minute subdial and thus moving 2 minutes for every one minute that passes.)  Simple solution, don't run the chrono, I only run mine to make sure they work before selling anyways.  Everything I've read is that the ZF looks superior but people are hung up on the chrono for NWBIG status over there??

But this is not going to be a thread asking for advice.  Instead, I have a little tale to tell...

I asked Ryan at Intime for a ZF Spitfire, he said it was available so I paid right away.  He says they're out of stock after 8 days of looking and asks me if I'd like something else.  I also liked the look of the ZF 377721 rose gold version and figured I'd try that one instead to see if I can pull off rose gold.  He replies to me a couple days later and says that one is out of stock, how would I like to proceed?  I just asked him for a refund and went to Josh's site (Perfect Clones.)

I see Josh had the V6F version available and I ordered it, paid and waited for the QC to come through.  This is about an hour after sending the "refund email" to Ryan.

Two hours later, I get QC pics from Intime for the (supposed out of stock?) ZF version.  It looks good so I say hell yeah, send it.

Josh sends me QC for the V6F a couple days later while I'm on vacation with the family.  I green light that one as well.

So I have the ZF in hand and waiting for the V6F.  I'll be doing a photo comparison because for all the bickering over at RWI over the versions, I'll be damned if I can find any side by side comparisons of the two - even by two different posters in the same thread.

Stay tuned, I know these were produced a while ago and these are hard to get, but just in case anyone wants to see the two side by side, I'll do that when I get the V6F from PC.

TanGo is making a strap for the watch that I'll keep of the two.  And if you're looking to offload a 377721, holla at your boy.

Two disclaimers - this is going to be for informative purposes only, and not an attempt at anything backdoor selling.  Also, I guess I kinda broke a rule asking for a 377721 in a non-M2M WTB section, so I'm sure I'll be chastised for that too.  I'm gonna blame that on my sunburn.

• Like 1

Intresting

Looking forward to this :)  Don't get enough of watch reviews here.  People much nicer though :D

Stoaty

Yum yum please Sir. When :beer:

fatarms
3 minutes ago, Stoaty said:

Yum yum please Sir. When :beer:

The V6 is at the Chicago airport and the ZF is on my dresser...  Only a few more days until the V6 arrives hopefully.  Pending US customs of course :rolleyes:

Mike777

Same  thing happened to me and with the same dealers. The ZF on metal bracelet I got from InTime and  from Perfect clones  I was told they found a ZF after I asked  them to  refund me. The one from Perfect clones showed up and it’s a BP! I have sent them a dozen pictures of other TD’s showing that they sent me a BP and not a ZF.  They refused to admit anything, It’s on its way back to China now and they better refund every penny. I have bought over 20 watches from Joshua and this one is the last.

B9-C73-E6-D-E6-C7-48-A3-9977-B907-E40-F0

From Perfect Clones

The chrono hand is silver and not white like it’s supposed to be.

527-F800-D-E6-C3-46-F4-9483-0-BCA5-FBEF8

8-BD3-A03-A-8385-4-ACF-BD62-273-D4-ACE49

InTime shows on their site that the one perfect clones sold  me is actually a BP.
V6F and ZF never had the wrong chrono hand on there watches.

FF44-F9-F1-29-A0-4581-8354-0-D99462-EC5-

fatarms
On 09/08/2021 at 17:13, Mike777 said:

Same  thing happened to me and with the same dealers. The ZF on metal bracelet I got from InTime and  from Perfect clones  I was told they found a ZF after I asked  them to  refund me. The one from Perfect clones showed up and it’s a BP! I have sent them a dozen pictures of other TD’s showing that they sent me a BP and not a ZF.  They refused to admit anything, It’s on its way back to China now and they better refund every penny. I have bought over 20 watches from Joshua and this one is the last.

B9-C73-E6-D-E6-C7-48-A3-9977-B907-E40-F0

From Perfect Clones

The chrono hand is silver and not white like it’s supposed to be.

527-F800-D-E6-C3-46-F4-9483-0-BCA5-FBEF8

8-BD3-A03-A-8385-4-ACF-BD62-273-D4-ACE49

InTime shows on their site that the one perfect clones sold  me is actually a BP.
V6F and ZF never had the wrong chrono hand on there watches.

FF44-F9-F1-29-A0-4581-8354-0-D99462-EC5-

Just got my "V6F" from Josh as well and it's the same thing.  A fucking BP. 

Same silver chrono hand, darker dial, and the chrono moves 2 minutes after 60 seconds.  One of the main NWBIG selling points for the V6F was that the chrono operated correctly, one minute per 60 seconds. 

I green lighted the watch, so it's my fault.  Granted, I did it from a beach in bright sunlight, so I guess I missed the silver chrono.  But the BP is $30 cheaper than the V6 price I paid. 

Oh well, I guess this is gonna be a ZF vs BP thread.  First time in the ten or so years here something like this has happened to me, and coincidentally my first and likely last deal with Josh. 

Mike777

@fatarms It is inexcusable that he tells me it’s a ZF and you that it’s a V6F. Mine also showed up with a ding on the lug and he said it must have happened in shipping, I then blow up the QC pictures and it was hidden in all pictures except for one you could see it was their at the time. Very noticeable in person since it’s on the corner at the 5 o’clock position. When I said I would get the mods involved at Repgeek he finally said send it back but still says it’s a ZF. They better refund my money or I will post this every where.

fatarms

I'll still be posting the pics, but it's gonna be a ZF vs. BP thread which is a much smaller deal than the ZF vs V6F.  

I don't want to trash Josh too much, I mean I gave the watch the green light without catching the silver chrono hand.  Too distracted by the ocean I hadn't seen in about 8 years lol. 

But still, there's a breakdown somewhere in his rep service somewhere, or the factories,  post-raids, are just trying to move inventory any chance they get at this point since they've been laying low for a while. 

Either way, very disappointing 

fatarms

And so here we are, the ZF versus what I believe to be a BP version pictures.   All I know as stated above is that perfect clones did not send me a V6F even though I paid the price for that one.   They did not contest the issue once I sent them pictures and offered to send me a refund if I send it back to China.  I have decided not to risk sending back to China and will be selling the bp on the forum.

In all honesty the only differences I see are the chrono hand and the dial.   On the ZF version, the chrono hand is white, whereas on the BP version it is chrome silver.  

The ZF dial has a much stronger sunburst effect as you can see from the pictures.  The BP dial is darker and has less of a sunburst effect.   The finishing on the hour marker numbers on the ZF is ever so slightly better but you need the macro lens to be able to see that.  

Both of these versions have a 60 Minute subdial at 12.  However, both of them move 2 minutes every 60 seconds while running the chronograph, so it is not a true 60 minute sub dial but rather 30 minute sub dial printed to be a 60 minute.  From what I've read about the V6F, it is a true 60 minute subdial moving 1 minute per 60 seconds.  

The cases look to be identical to me. It's possible that they are sourcing them from the same place.  

One surprise that I did find was that the BP version lume is way, way better than ZF version.   To be honest, the ZF version lume is DH gate level. It disappears after only a couple of minutes and is never very bright to begin with even when charged and full sunlight.  The pics below were taken immediately after the sunlight pics. 

I don't know shit about the deployant clasps so I will let you decide from the pictures.

The ZF crystal has the blue AR tint to it. This is more accurate to the genuine, except it looks like it goes a little bit overboard on the blue. Meaning that it may be a little too much blue.. The blue tint is only subtle on the bp version.

In all pictures the ZF tag is either showing or the ZF watch is unwrapped. The BP version will still have the plastic on.

fatarms

j2sreJ.jpg j2sttP.jpg j2snPk.jpg j2s60o.jpg j2sBNW.jpg

j2slHS.jpg j2sPgR.jpg j2sCML.jpg j2sp1Q.jpg j2sXo8.jpg

• Like 1

Michael Knight

Here some pics of the ZF with prof's crystal (2xAR colorless) ...it makes a huge difference !acd195dee7b9afce7d3ffb28def9835e.jpge4347e9724ce9470a959665ad5d5fc52.jpg0cd142bcd2dbcf86f4b3464c1f1ffafe.jpg

• Like 1

fatarms

Nice^^

My ZF on TanGo

j5hUDP.jpg

• Like 1

NCRich

I missed this.  Lot of diff between those two.  Nice writeup!

fatarms
20 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I missed this.  Lot of diff between those two.  Nice writeup!

Thanks bud.  Notice the last sentence of the first post... this was less than 24 hours before "the incident."  :lol:

Foreshadowing?

• Like 1

NCRich
18 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Thanks bud.  Notice the last sentence of the first post... this was less than 24 hours before "the incident."  :lol:

Foreshadowing?

Sunburn and stroke?

fatarms
7 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Sunburn and stroke?

:lol: Pretty much.

fabbe79

I got my v6f form mary not long ago! 60 minutes counter chrono f3c224e33ec5100aa974140fd94df947.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G781B utilizzando Tapatalk