Sign in to follow this  
baruch

panerai problem

baruch

Guys,

Friday I got a new panerai 288 but the thing is not working right.

The problem is that the rotor is very noisy and it loses time also when i wind the watch for approxemately 5 minutes, the power reserve is 3 hours :D

I hope you can help me because this watch is GORGIOUS!!!

Thanx for taking the time for reading this poost.

Greets,

B

Member X

I would not wind the watch by hand - 7750s are fragile when wound by hand and can break! :D

You should set the time, place it face down in the palm of your hand, then 'swirl' it anti-clockwise to get the rotor moving round and the watch started. Then just strap it on and go!

The 288s have had some problem movements, though. Try the above and just try wearing it to see if it holds a charge - if not, contact the dealer and say that it is not working properly!

baruch
I would not wind the watch by hand - 7750s are fragile when wound by hand and can break! B)

You should set the time, place it face down in the palm of your hand, then 'swirl' it anti-clockwise to get the rotor moving round and the watch started. Then just strap it on and go!

The 288s have had some problem movements, though. Try the above and just try wearing it to see if it holds a charge - if not, contact the dealer and say that it is not working properly!

Hey member x thankyou for respnding,

The thing is that I did this, but the powerreserve is stil about 3 hours and the noise is just loud as FUCK :D

To bad because i love this 288 panerai.

I contacted mary and she hasnt respnded to me, I hope she will respond to me as soon as possible.

downfromtheglen

Mary is as honest as they come. She'll be in touch--give her some time.

baruch
Mary is as honest as they come. She'll be in touch--give her some time.

OFCOURSE!!!!!! I bought from mary several watches so its no problem, just bummed that this gorgious panerai is F...ck..ed :D

But whell thats the rep game B)

B

Member X

The 288s have not had a good reputation recently! but they are pretty... B) :beer2:

baruch
The 288s have not had a good reputation recently! but they are pretty... :clap::D

Oke oke thats interesting, because I think that is true; when everybody was buying these pams in december last year nobody had any problems.

'

ANd im right with you that tehse babys are pretty :)

MikeMcNair

sounds to me like the rotor is off, and when you wear it it slaps around but does not wind the watch.

open her up and post a pic.

scope
sounds to me like the rotor is off, and when you wear it it slaps around but does not wind the watch.

+1 Post a pic, It might be a simple fix!

baruch

yes very nice, because mary tolld me that she might think that the screw in the watch is off.

whell i keep you posted.

thanks