Sign in to follow this  
fightfear

another noob - need advice

fightfear

Hi all

This seems like a genius idea. Finally a place where kind people with a common hobby share their advice and opinion on this topic. Well done guys!

Now... Let's get down to business :D

I am in love with Tag heuer grand calibre 17 like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzkXlqp_Ts

or that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvC7YlQY4lY...feature=related

(I can't quite make up my mind yet)

and also Patek Philipe tourbillon sky moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0uSbFML90...feature=related

and a few other ones as well :D

My question is - where is a good place to buy one of those for a reasonable money with a secure payment and preferably fast delivery? also will I have to pay any duty tax shizzle on it?

I would apreciate any help

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. Take a look at the newbie link in my signature :D

Nisv

Hi Fightfear, welcome :D

Good luck in your quest :D

flottiglia

You don't say where you are in the world mate but if in the UK you won't have any customs hassles as far as them seizing the watch or anything.Most dealers send watches out marked as a gift on the package and with low declared value.You would be unlucky to get hit for import duty.

Theres also the option of buying from an EU seller and then there are no potential issues at all.

Have a look through the trusted dealer section several will carry the watches you are looking at.

Edited by flottiglia

fightfear

Ok first one ordered

I only wanted one initially as I am saving up but... so many nice watches... so shiny... must... resist...

:lol:

Edited by fightfear

trailboss99

Hi mate, the sky/moon is (naturally) not the best rep but it's a beautiful watch and a steal at the price (less than 150 dollars usually).

It and the UN Diver's are to me the best value under 200 closely followed by some of Robert's Panerai.

Welcome to RWG, cut up your credit card! :lol:

fightfear

I was just wondering - If I order more than one watch from the same supplier am I increasing the possibility of paying custom charges?

does anyone ever get charged those taxes in the UK

downfromtheglen

Hopefully balad1 will read this--he can tell you about his experience with ordering a bunch of watches at once.

Tim, are you here?

robznet

Hello Flightfear - welcome to the forum :wave:

As said earlier - take a look at the trusted dealers, I'm sure you will find just about anything you require!

tsomers

Word of advice, stick with trusted dealers. Send Mary from Watch International or Robert from PWC a private message on what your looking for. I have used both and they are great to deal with. Mary is very nice and will find what you want. Robert is nice too if you don't ask a whole bunch of questions or ask if he takes paypal. Both have quality products.

Welcome to the craziness.

fightfear

I've ordered my first watch (patek phillipe sky moon) from 'asiakrono' (one of the websites listed in the trusted dealers section) is that OK? I can still cancel it as I haven't paid yet so please tell me if I should buy elsewhere.

I also want to buy 2 Tag's (grand carrera 17 & 36) from 'marvellous replica' - please also tell me if there is a better place to bay those 2 masterpieces: D

Are there any differences n terms of delivery time between the sellers mention on this forum?

Hopefully balad1 will read this--he can tell you about his experience with ordering a bunch of watches at once.

Tim, are you here?

I take it it's not worth ordering more than one in one go?

Edited by fightfear

Del

The UK is one of the easiest countries to receive reps in - two watches in the one parcel wouldn't be an issue. I've never done three but the more you put in the one parcel then the greater the risk.

Any of the Trusted Dealers will be fine. Over time you may start preferring one against another but when you are starting out it is not an issue.

Asiakrono are in Malaysia and MR are in China so delivery times will be similar if you use the same postage option. Free airmail can take 2-3 weeks. EMS shipping (about $30 to the UK) will take perhaps a week.

:lol:

fightfear

asiakrono have cancelled the paypal request and sent me an email saying that the sky moon 'is not so recommended' :D

any ideas why?

And also if I want to get something (Grand Carrera Calibre 17 with A7750) before the 3rd July is there any way I can get that? If so which dealer is the best to ask when it comes to superfas shipping?

greg_r
asiakrono have cancelled the paypal request and sent me an email saying that the sky moon 'is not so recommended' :lol:

any ideas why?

And also if I want to get something (Grand Carrera Calibre 17 with A7750) before the 3rd July is there any way I can get that? If so which dealer is the best to ask when it comes to superfas shipping?

Hmm - Lawrence may have had some bad samples recently, in which case he may just not want to sell this model at present. I'd suggest you try Narikaa or Mary (WatchInternational).

For fast shipping, Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is the guy, but you're cutting it pretty fine. No dealer will guarantee to get a watch to you within that time frame...