Sign in to follow this  
Legger

Panerai week for me!!!

Legger

Having decided that I prefer casual watches on a big chunk of leather I decided to sell off a few shiny watches and ended up ordering 4 Panerai's in 1 week - 3 from fellow members and a brand spanking new one from Mary.

3 of the 4 have now arrived and I love them all.

The watches bought were -

1) Panerai 009 from Deja

2) Panerai 176 from Gianton

3) Panerai 183 from Silverspeed

I have always fancied a PVD PAM and after chipping away at Deja telling him he has far too many he finally gave in and sold me of his fine collection. The watch is superb but I am definitely going to get a re-lume (possibly in orange) just because I love the glow of superlume.

The 176 speaks for itself. The titanium case is amazing and the lume is terrific - just like my 005.

The 183 from Silver was bought as a work watch to wear under a shirt sleeve and it fits a treat. Again I think a re-lume is in order to get it glowing but apart from that the watch is faultless.

Big thanks to all of the sellers and hopefulyt the 253 will be here by the end of the week!!!

Sorry about picture quality - I really do need to buy a camera rather than use my phone.

3b44cf94.jpg

9487b9c5.jpg

8adb6a80.jpg

113016bd.jpg

8a9f46d8.jpg

3d407405.jpg

a2efdcb9.jpg

4fdb8fb4.jpg

87017902.jpg

AlphaLima

I'm not a fan of PVD watches at all, but that PAM looks great with the brown strap.

The Radiomir however, wow. I'm beginning to love them.....must resist :D

Edited by AlphaLima

SeanusMaximus

I'm hating you a little bit now haha! That 009 is gorgeous!

AGL

That 009 is lovely! Fancy selling it? lol

Legger

Alpha - I wasn't a big fan of PVD watches either but thought i'd try one and I absolutely love it.

Seanus - thanks. I might keep the re-lume to a white colour so it is closer to the gen and then maybe buy another one to try with orange lume.

Legger
That 009 is lovely! Fancy selling it? lol

I can tell as soon as I try a watch on whether or not it is a keeper and i'm keeping this one i'm afraid.

SeanusMaximus
Alpha - I wasn't a big fan of PVD watches either but thought i'd try one and I absolutely love it.

Seanus - thanks. I might keep the re-lume to a white colour so it is closer to the gen and then maybe buy another one to try with orange lume.

Where might you or I begin looking for one? Im struggling to find a good one mate

AGL

Im a jealous man Legger... Enjoy it. :)

Where might you or I begin looking for one? Im struggling to find a good one mate

I second this request! Tell US!!!!! lol

brooksy1

Very nice, I dont have a PVD but they look great on a brown strap.

Legger

THe 009 was bought from a fellow member Deja123 but I think it originated from DSN.

SeanusMaximus
THe 009 was bought from a fellow member Deja123 but I think it originated from DSN.

yeah i was literally a few days behind you in questioning deja haha! whats DSN? (excuse my ignorance or stupidity?)

Legger

yeah i was literally a few days behind you in questioning deja haha! whats DSN? (excuse my ignorance or stupidity?)

DSN is Davidsen. He is on the list of 'Other Dealers' and provides some of the best PAM's out there.

SeanusMaximus

DSN is Davidsen. He is on the list of 'Other Dealers' and provides some of the best PAM's out there.

Cheers for the heads up mate, I shall take a gander!

Del

Very nice mate! PAM overload - makes a change from Breitlings! :)

Legger
Very nice mate! PAM overload - makes a change from Breitlings! :D

Cheers Del

H4F

Great looking collection!

First I didn´t like the black cases but get more and more in touch with them.

Maybe I´ll give them a try. Same to the 176. I like the titanium but would

appreciate a automatic movement/240 set-up.

It is interesting to see how different the numbers are made, isn´t it?

Congrats & enjoy your new beauties!

Kind regards,

H4F

Edited by H4F