PCJ

PCJ

Edited by JayA

Philiusmaximus

Shame, a lot of people have been interested in this model. I don't understand why the lugs are so wrong.

elconquistador

What are they asking for these?

brang1

Close enough for I - still a looker 

etj4588

A bit disappointing as I was waiting for this one to be produced... but still close enough for me.  I've contacted Andrew to see if they are available to ship.

PCJ

Have been in contact with a TD. The factory is not GF - apparently this comes from an unnamed factory - but they are currently not planning to fix the small issues

They're $388+shipping

Have been in contact with a TD. The factory is not GF - apparently this comes from an unnamed factory - but they are currently not planning to fix the small issues

They're $388+shipping

For those of you with some more experience: How hard would it be to modify the lugs to the ones found on the gen (the lugs are available as they are replicated perfectly on the OG top time rep)

brang1

seriously, come on- it is a rep. If you are that worried about close scrutiny then maybe reps are not your thing. I have never had ANYONE scrutinise a single watch i have worn- passing comments of Nice Watch maybe but no one really cares - only us silly watch addicts

tribefan

Pushers and crown are wrong anyway. Why bother.

PCJ
22 hours ago, brang1 said:

seriously, come on- it is a rep. If you are that worried about close scrutiny then maybe reps are not your thing. I have never had ANYONE scrutinise a single watch i have worn- passing comments of Nice Watch maybe but no one really cares - only us silly watch addicts

Sure, but it shouldn't be priced so highly imo. It's still a $400 'fake' watch that's not even doing a great job at being a replica.

I'd be interested to know if the pushers/lugs/crown can be modified or swapped or if that's not feasible

paccbet

Well if you can still get it at the boutique,  gen is the only way then  

Intresting

Seems there will be a new factory called BLS that will repping this soon.....  It has the notched lugs, the swiss made....    

PCJ
On 11/09/2021 at 14:07, Intresting said:

Seems there will be a new factory called BLS that will repping this soon.....  It has the notched lugs, the swiss made....    

Correct. It looks much better, I'm glad I waited before buying it. I'll be happy with this rep

MongKok

The BLS factory version is now available from Trusty Time. Even cheaper than the inferior version.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_474&products_id=23730

GenTLe
5 hours ago, MongKok said:

The BLS factory version is now available from Trusty Time. Even cheaper than the inferior version.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_474&products_id=23730

Yep, but we need to check out the colors. Those on TT are very wrong, and I can't get if (and how much) it's a matter of white balance/exposure of the pictures.

Intresting
11 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Yep, but we need to check out the colors. Those on TT are very wrong, and I can't get if (and how much) it's a matter of white balance/exposure of the pictures.

kindly elaborate whats wrong with the colours ?    Thanx

Bbsee
On 04/09/2021 at 01:30, brang1 said:

I have never had ANYONE scrutinise a single watch i have worn- passing comments of Nice Watch maybe but no one really cares - only us silly watch addicts

This is a very valid point. It seems to be just us watch-heads that pay such close attention to our own watches.

I do appreciate knowing that my watch looks like the real thing, but it's worth reminding ourselves that we are paying a fraction of the price of gen and generally people wouldn't notice. This way we can be more content in the rep world! Plus, I barely get compliments from random people, let alone scrutiny haha.

• Like 1

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Intresting said:

kindly elaborate whats wrong with the colours ?    Thanx

See here:

gen (creamy dial, orange chrono hand, dark yellow hour/min hands), vs 1st version with ok colors but absence of "swiss made", lugs indentation, wrong subdials and short chrono hand, vs 2nd version from BLS with all correct but "strange colors" like too white dial and lume dots and too dark reds/oranges:

hun8u4ci5t1j5kZ-nxjmYfZ5rCDKy6GUMQuQcoDp jW8iaW.jpg BSW0462_04.jpg

MongKok

The first picture is not gen, just a rep from another factory

GenTLe
1 hour ago, MongKok said:

The first picture is not gen, just a rep from another factory

The first pic isn't displayed for some reason. You're looking at the 2nd one when you say it's a rep. And indeed I wrote it:

1st version with ok colors but absence of "swiss made", lugs indentation, wrong subdials and short chrono hand

This is the gen:

breitling-top-time-deus-limited-edition-a233101a1a1x1-top-time-deus-limited-edit