Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Have you seen the new AP ROO Chrono?

GenTLe

Actually... What's the status of J Factory nowadays? Are they still being silent or are they producing something? The 42mm SS dark blue dial on bracelet one looks gorgeous... And I like a lot also the 43mm versions with brown and blue dials...

Presented new 42 and one 43 (44?) models:

Green in SS, light blue in Ti:

ROO_26238ST-OO-A340CA-01_26238TI-OO-A056 

Grey with Ti case and bracelet, blue all SSteel, then there's the night blue in pink gold

ROO_26238TI-OO-2000TI-01_SDT_PNG.png?ixl ROO_26238ST-OO-2000ST-01_SDT_PNG.png?ixl ROO_26238OR-OO-2000OR-01_closeup_GP18_PN

The 43mm models are the following (black dial with silver subdials in SS; grey dial with blue subials in Ti;  the following brown and blue dial ones are both in SS and the last one is pink gold)

ROO_26420SO-OO-A002CA-01_SDT_ORIGINALcop ROO_26420IO-OO-A009CA-01_SDT_ORIGINALcop ROO_26420SO-OO-A600CA-01_SDT_ORIGINALcop ROO_26420TI-OO-A027CA-01_SDT_ORIGINALcop ROO_26420RO-OO-A002CA-01_SDT_ORIGINALcop

Prices between 33.4k$ for the SS ones and 83k$ for the 42mm pink gold one. Ti ones are around 39k$

• Like 2

Mr_B

Love the new ROO, the case looks a lot better with the chamfered edges. Although the non symmetrical sub dials were cool the Daytona style set up looks way cleaner. Can’t wait for the rep. 

GenTLe

Yeah, but they completely messed with the rep movement base...

Min at 12 (7750) -> min at 9 (AP)

Hour at 6 (7750) -> hour at 12 or at 3 (AP)

Sec at 9 (7750) -> sec at 6 (AP)

It would be impossible to get it decent, unless they use the "thin movement" from the IWC, freezing both hour and minute subdials (like they did on the ARF daytona)... And still they'll have a bit of a sunken date.

By the way, considering the nr. of replies this thread got, it seems that the "craze" for the APs is long gone... I remember 5/7 years ago, the people here were all over them :)

• Like 3

Mr_B

Very true, Dan Bilzerian has been quiet I guess. 

McJules

oooooohhh i love the green one :bugeyes::wub:

Edited by McJules

Horace Derwent

Yeah, but they completely messed with the rep movement base... Min at 12 (7750) -> min at 9 (AP) Hour at 6 (7750) -> hour at 12 or at 3 (AP)

Sec at 9 (7750) -> sec at 6 (AP)

Excellent point.

As for the ROO , i like it , but im a bit harsh on the maison AP itself.

Crazy gen prices...but AP is not Patek or Vacheron.

Never understood why AP is included in the so called 'holy trinity'.

For me, Maisons like Breguet, Blancpain, Piaget...but even Chopard or Ulysse Nardin would deserve much more than AP to be put in the 'Holy Trinity ' for technical and estetical reasons.

Let s face it , AP is really good at marketing their stuff

They live exlusively on the RO and ROO since decades....look at the other AP watches...theyre really dull IMHO.

The Code 11.59 is ugly, but also the incredibly expensive Millenary is ...

ugly.

They're not like Vacheron Constantin or Patek Philippe , both are plenty of historical models.

Sorry for the rant !

GenTLe
3 hours ago, Horace Derwent said:

Sorry for the rant !

I agree with you. Breguet to say just one, deserve that place much more.

• Like 1

Horace Derwent
I agree with you. Breguet to say just one, deserve that place much more.
Absolutely.

But the Royal Oak is a fashion design icon.

I mean, Genta designed the Girard Perregaux Laureato, the Patek Nautilus, the IWC Ingenieur, the Cartier Pasha.... And the Royal Oak.

Which is for sure the most known watches among them.

As for Breguet, it's my favourite Maison.

Founded in 1775, invented the Tourbillon in 1801, made the first ever wristwatch in 1810 for Carolina Bonaparte... nuff said.

And you, AP?
  • Like 1