SiyonKart

How do you know when you can afford a Rolex?

movintage

@SiyonKart I've had this discussion with a number of friends and to each I've shared this - There's nothing like owning a high end gen watch. The wonderful feel  of it  on the wrist and the beautiful craftsmanship.  Especially when it's marking a milestone in your life or just because you deserve it!

Instead of continuing to buy  less expensive watches (  $300, $500, $1,200, etc. which IMO some are really fantastic) because the price of a Rolex or other high end gen is above your current capability. Take the money you'd  be spending on the less expensive watches and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE.  In addition, put aside a reasonable amount each pay if and when you can  and add it to your Rolex fund. Before you know it, you'll have enough for a wonderful pre-owned or possibly new Rolex. 

It does takes discipline but when you do it and your Rolex  is on your wrist, the feeling you'll get will be remembered!

Either way, good luck and I hope you get your Rolex

Edited by movintage

GingerApple

Conversely Gens do nowt for me. Admittedly I've only got one Swiss Gen, but I've handled loads of lower end Swiss (£5 - £20k ish range), often side by side with their Rep equivalent, and I'm ALWAYS left thinking that the Gen is a ridiculous rip off for comparatively minor differences. If VSF were to make a good Speedy rep, I'd sell my Gen Speedy in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Intresting

The OP has been strangely silent.   :popcorn:

Flinnt
8 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Conversely Gens do nowt for me. Admittedly I've only got one Swiss Gen, but I've handled loads of lower end Swiss (£5 - £20k ish range), often side by side with their Rep equivalent, and I'm ALWAYS left thinking that the Gen is a ridiculous rip off for comparatively minor differences. If VSF were to make a good Speedy rep, I'd sell my Gen Speedy in a heartbeat.

You sold the swatch?!?!?!?!?

What were you thinking? 
Haughty horology at its best. 

• Like 1

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, Intresting said:

The OP has been strangely silent.   :popcorn:

j5Ty8I.jpg