YekinKebo

Need opinions on first purchase

YekinKebo

Hey all, I've been looking to buy my first luxury/nice watch piece. Not a big watch guy but my roommate he has a few omegas, longine, seikos, etc. He's sort of got me into watches and showed me many different models. I myself have an orient and a Swatch irony sistem 51. I like both of these and wear them regularly.  tutuapp

I'm a big fan of pilot and flight watches. I've been looking at IWC le Petit prince chronograph model IW377717. I was just at an authorized dealer to try out the watch and I do like it. He offered it to me for $5k since I'll be paying cash, brand new. I know it's a modified ETA movement but im not super crazy about all the fine details or picky. My roommate has been saying IWC is a bit overpriced but he likes it a lot too, and I should go for an Omega speedmaster instead since it's a bit more iconic.  appvalley

What are your opinions? Would enjoy to hear your thoughts.

Edited by YekinKebo

Philiusmaximus

Go for whichever one you like. Forget anyone else's opinions.

It's your watch and you will be the one wearing it and enjoying it.

IWC is no more "overpriced" than any other luxury brand. Your mate is a watch snob with an opinion - as most of us are.

The bloke with a Maseratti will think the bloke with a Ferrari bought the wrong car etc etc.

But if I were you I'd buy pre-owned. Save a fortune 

Devil

Just so you know, this is a replica watch site?

GingerApple

Buy the fake, invest the spare dosh, win-win.

BadApple
1 hour ago, YekinKebo said:

Hey all, I've been looking to buy my first luxury/nice watch piece. Not a big watch guy but my roommate he has a few omegas, longine, seikos, etc. He's sort of got me into watches and showed me many different models. I myself have an orient and a Swatch irony sistem 51. I like both of these and wear them regularly.

I'm a big fan of pilot and flight watches. I've been looking at IWC le Petit prince chronograph model IW377717. I was just at an authorized dealer to try out the watch and I do like it. He offered it to me for $5k since I'll be paying cash, brand new. I know it's a modified ETA movement but im not super crazy about all the fine details or picky. My roommate has been saying IWC is a bit overpriced but he likes it a lot too, and I should go for an Omega speedmaster instead since it's a bit more iconic.

Does the word REPLICA mean anything to you?  You talk about IWC for 5k at a dealer - you aren't on the site you need to be as replica means copy, fake, reverse engineered.

Would enjoy to hear your thoughts. 

Philiusmaximus

I just assumed he was going to buy the fake but didn't want to admit it :D

Intresting

fake gen :D

BadApple
3 hours ago, YekinKebo said:

Hey all, I've been looking to buy my first luxury/nice watch piece. Not a big watch guy but my roommate he has a few omegas, longine, seikos, etc. He's sort of got me into watches and showed me many different models. I myself have an orient and a Swatch irony sistem 51. I like both of these and wear them regularly.

I'm a big fan of pilot and flight watches. I've been looking at IWC le Petit prince chronograph model IW377717. I was just at an authorized dealer to try out the watch and I do like it. He offered it to me for $5k since I'll be paying cash, brand new. I know it's a modified ETA movement but im not super crazy about all the fine details or picky. My roommate has been saying IWC is a bit overpriced but he likes it a lot too, and I should go for an Omega speedmaster instead since it's a bit more iconic.

For three years now, IWC has returned to the theme of Saint-Exupéry’s little prince with special editions. In 2016, there will be four Pilot’s Watches featuring the typical midnight blue dial and brown calfskin strap with beige-coloured ornamental seams. A soft-iron inner case provides the stainless-steel outer cases with optimum protection against the external effects of magnetic fields. All the Pilot’s Watches, apart from the Double Chronograph launched in 2015, have an engraving on the back showing the little prince with his coat and sword. The 46-millimetre Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Petit Prince” has an IWC-manufactured 51111-calibre movement that supplies an impressive 7-day power reserve. The Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition “Le Petit Prince”, which was launched in 2015, has a captivatingly innovative day display in the shape of a star. Every day, one of the seven stars on the inner circle of the dial is illuminated in gold to symbolize the visit of the little prince to another planet. The same stars are engraved as a decorative feature on the case back and reveal the name of the inhabitant with whom the little prince is currently staying. The Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII Edition “Le Petit Prince” is powered by the 30110-calibre automatic movement and, in terms of precision, fully meets the requirements of a professional pilot’s watch. The IWC Chronographs from the 3777 family are all on the larger side. The longer lug to lug length mixed with the thickness of the case causes the watches themselves to present rather large on the wrist. They’re not uncomfortable, however. The dramatic downward angle of lugs causes the watch itself to hug your wrist nicely. The thickness of the case itself could be a turnoff to some, but for my needs, it isn’t an issue. We’ll talk more about the bracelet later, but it’s worth addressing here; it’s excellent. The drape is well-executed, and the quick adjustment buckle system is a work of art. These really lend themselves to this watch’s comfort.

Intresting
42 minutes ago, BadApple said:

For three years now, IWC has returned to the theme of Saint-Exupéry’s little prince with special editions. In 2016, there will be four Pilot’s Watches featuring the typical midnight blue dial and brown calfskin strap with beige-coloured ornamental seams. A soft-iron inner case provides the stainless-steel outer cases with optimum protection against the external effects of magnetic fields. All the Pilot’s Watches, apart from the Double Chronograph launched in 2015, have an engraving on the back showing the little prince with his coat and sword. The 46-millimetre Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Petit Prince” has an IWC-manufactured 51111-calibre movement that supplies an impressive 7-day power reserve. The Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition “Le Petit Prince”, which was launched in 2015, has a captivatingly innovative day display in the shape of a star. Every day, one of the seven stars on the inner circle of the dial is illuminated in gold to symbolize the visit of the little prince to another planet. The same stars are engraved as a decorative feature on the case back and reveal the name of the inhabitant with whom the little prince is currently staying. The Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII Edition “Le Petit Prince” is powered by the 30110-calibre automatic movement and, in terms of precision, fully meets the requirements of a professional pilot’s watch. The IWC Chronographs from the 3777 family are all on the larger side. The longer lug to lug length mixed with the thickness of the case causes the watches themselves to present rather large on the wrist. They’re not uncomfortable, however. The dramatic downward angle of lugs causes the watch itself to hug your wrist nicely. The thickness of the case itself could be a turnoff to some, but for my needs, it isn’t an issue. We’ll talk more about the bracelet later, but it’s worth addressing here; it’s excellent. The drape is well-executed, and the quick adjustment buckle system is a work of art. These really lend themselves to this watch’s comfort.

and this is just the REP.  Imagine how good the gen will be :D

BadApple
49 minutes ago, Intresting said:

and this is just the REP.  Imagine how good the gen will be :D

Exactly :) 

Theviking

I love these first posts, they ask an odd question and we all start debating it and they may never return to the site to get the answer. 

• Like 1

Rozza72
On 09/09/2021 at 09:15, Philiusmaximus said:

The bloke with a Maseratti will think the bloke with a Ferrari bought the wrong car etc etc.

Meanwhile the Bugatti bloke, listening to them, sniggers while spitting his coffee all over the table muttering