Sign in to follow this  
Vjee

fiddy missing?

Vjee

Hi guys,

I bought an ultimate fiddy from Robert; to be shipped directly to FineDD Germany for modding; via the UK with normal air mail.

the watch has been shipped from the UK to Germany beginning of June.

So far still no sign of it. (admit there have been several public holidays this month)

so should I start worrying?

gr

Vjee

Ska

Who reshipped it for you and do you have the tracking number?

Vjee

Hi Ska

Robert has someone in the UK to forward it.

Robert told me he can't track it from his side....

so no I don't have a tracking nr.

Do you have experience with shipments to Germany?

flottiglia

If its any help i send a lot of stuff from UK to Germany,i use the international signed for service and they are usually there in about four days.They can be even quicker with Airsure.

Can't Robert contact his middleman for the tracking number?

opus9
Hi guys,

I bought an ultimate fiddy from Robert; to be shipped directly to FineDD Germany for modding; via the UK with normal air mail.

the watch has been shipped from the UK to Germany beginning of June.

So far still no sign of it. (admit there have been several public holidays this month)

so should I start worrying?

gr

Vjee

well I am still waiting for a watch (not a robert a timesshop) and my order was may 9....you have to be real and say 30 days plus send an email to Robert as he may be unaware..plus was it EMS, Airmail etc..My experience of Robert is excellent,so have a chat with him..

and copy in a moderator (i used dingleberry) so they can help if any help is needed,however Roberts postman normally delivers like a man on amphetamines..

best regards

opus 9

Vjee

from previous experience I know Robert and his UK guy are very fast, so I'm fully confident in them

My previous order got to me in Belgium after a few days only; so now after 20 days I'm starting to worry a little if the watch could have been seized by customs

or if the Deutche post is that damn slow

(Robert told me the watch has been shipped from the UK soon after my order)

flottiglia
from previous experience I know Robert and his UK guy are very fast, so I'm fully confident in them

My previous order got to me in Belgium after a few days only; so now after 20 days I'm starting to worry a little if the watch could have been seized by customs

or if the Deutche post is that damn slow

(Robert told me the watch has been shipped from the UK soon after my order)

It sounds a little concerning.Their is no chance of customs issues shipping from UK to Germany as both are in the EU,no customes declaration is required.

dingle

German Customs are the worst in the world. Hopefully just a delay, hopefully.

You can go clean your undies now :popcorn:

Ska

Yes, I reship regularly for a number of German members.

German Customs should not come into this, as the whole point of reshipping from within the EU is that there is no postal border control between EU member countries.

The issue however is that Deutsche Post are assholes. I know of one member who after receiving a reshipped item at his parents house in one German town, posted it to his University in another town and the package was stolen en-route.

German post is what I'd worry about. This is why when I reship I ALWAYS use Airsure, its the most securely tracked service and the quickest too.

Vjee

hmm, the adres of FineDD has "Uhrentechnic" in it, which means watchtechnics; so could be attractive to get it knicked...

lesson learned? anyhow I guess I can only wait a few more days ( weeks?) before concluding...

rsea

So international shipping into Germany is a no no?

I had a package nabbed by customs today going into Germany via EMS who apparently use DHL there

prestigewatchco

We use our own staff to reship from UK and shipping is done same day or next day Monday to Friday.

The likely hood of it being caught up in customs is small but still present they do random checks on parcels.

I believe German post is actually owned by DHL

The only place I seem to get delays is to Germany even Italy is better.

JohnG
German Customs should not come into this, as the whole point of reshipping from within the EU is that there is no postal border control between EU member countries.

yeah, but the UK is not a signatory to Schengen, so there is customs/border control between the UK and Schengen countries, though I think it is very sparse.

Vjee

i'll just keep my fingers crossed for a while.

already got me a very nice Kain Heritage strap for this watch...

prestigewatchco

There are definitely checks by customs within the EU not often granted but if they find find anything that is suspect they will seize it same as normal.

Akira

There is never customs involved into private shipments between EU countries....every post and custom worker I've

talked to says so.

prestigewatchco

There we are then I must take the Greek government to court for seizing cigarettes duty paid in Greece going to the UK. Because they were for personal use and they don't check personal parcels

seppili

I'm in Germany, too and also still waiting for a watch I ordered from Robert on May 20 (via UK after the previous order was seized by German customs). I wonder what's going on...

Akira

Greek customs maybe.....I just know German customs will never check private parcels from the UK.

They don't have the stuff to do so

prestigewatchco
I'm in Germany, too and also still waiting for a watch I ordered from Robert on May 20 (via UK after the previous order was seized by German customs). I wonder what's going on...

Yes you were trying to ship direct which is always risky to Germany. the second shipment is just standard air mail from UK nothing fancy and can take upto 28 days

flottiglia

Taken from Manbushijies website :

Germany Urgent notice

Because the German customs detain Hong Kong airmail parcel in a large amount. So we are unable to use Hong Kong airmail to send the parcel.

Can only use EMS to send the parcel.

But Germany GDSK may probably collect the expenses of 30euro. And German customs may collect tariffs.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer' s responsibility.

Obviously this doesn't apply to items shipped form the UK but i wonder if the packages are re adressed and still retain some trace of original origin?

prestigewatchco

No we use prepaid Royal mail packs and address them so unless they open the parcel there is no indication for origin

I am betting one of 2 things maybe the customs have stopped parcels in the past addressed to there or they know it's a watch and have nicked it

If customs have it they will send a letter saying just that

flottiglia
No we use prepaid Royal mail packs and address them so unless they open the parcel there is no indication for origin

Thanks Robert,i wouldn't have doubted otherwise,it was just a thought !

Vjee

Seppili pls keep me posted when your watch arrives ok? I'll do the same.

shipping dates must more or less be the same.

seppili

Seppili pls keep me posted when your watch arrives ok? I'll do the same.

shipping dates must more or less be the same.

Sure. I'll do that.