daytona 1960

Help required please

daytona 1960

Hello all, 

As you will maybe know  I had posted previously looking for help with a problematic Noob V4 Daytona Panda.

I was in touch with a repairer on the RWI forum, who has sent me this email :-

Hi Colin

Yes I had a look at yours earlier today. Not good news at all I'm afraid, you have a broken balance staff non the cock side.

The dilemma is the replacement, or should I\say lack of replacement !. As far as I am aware these are not available, nor can you buy just this part. It may be worth getting hold of your supplier of the watch to see if he can track one down in china ?. As you are probably aware, Noob who are the manufacturers of this movement have been shut down by the police and are no longer trading

The other option is a gen balance complete and bridge, or a new movement but that is a major cost indeed. It may also be worth asking on the forums if anyone has one for sale ?

In short it will never work without a new balance complete. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is what it is unfortunately.

Can anyone on here help me with the required parts...... Pleeeeeeeeeese!!! :headdesk:

It was not purchased through any "trusted" sellers on here....this watch has cost me in the region of  £1500, and before you all go telling me what a plonker i am...

I ordered the V4 from them...but they sent me the V3...said it was too risky to send back...but if I bought the V4 from them, they would be able to sell my V3 for me...so like a complete tit.... I agreed....the watch arrived....in its broken state....and after months and months of trying to get them to do something about it...never mind sell my V3....they have now chose to ignore me altogether which is pure :loadacrap:

I am reluctant to give up on it...given that it has cost me a fair bit of :throwingmoney:ALL/ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Colin.

NCRich

Wow.

kenton23

Ouch.  Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Theduke.williams

Ouch!

I'm no watchsmith, or even any sort of talented tinkerer for that matter.

I would have to be guided by the watchsmith, much like yourself, but I'd be surprised if anyone here has a spare balance assembly.

Sounds like your watchsmith thinks a gen balance assembly will fit the noob movement. If that's the case, I'd suggest this si probably the most realistic way you're going to save this watch, but not cheap!

Sounds like the trader you bought from is a complete scam artist - that's a very hard lesson to learn.

At least you've found this place now (and RWI), and hopefully will not repeat this expensive mistake.

The watch replica world is a minefield, simply because unscrupulous dealers know you have no avenue to complain. Thankfully we have Trusted Dealers, who rely upon their good reputation to gain an edge in the market.

Good luck with your search, please keep this thread updated, I'm sure we'd all like to know the outcome.

GenTLe

I have to say I guessed that was the problem. I've had my fair share of movement that, due to impact, had broken the balance pivot. They run ok laying flat on one side and stop nearly immediately when placed vertical or flat on the other side.

If THAT is the real problem (it still should be checked), then it's a disaster.

There are 3 possibilities, all of them not nice.

1) as he said, is to get a gen balance with bridge, which is likely 1k$ if not more.

2) put the watch aside and wait and hope that someone will at a certain point, start selling these movements on AliExpress (it happened already with the other Rlx clones, but these are quite specific...)

3) find out if that balance is the same also used into other watches, like the 3135 clones (they well may be the same, but there's no certainly until tested), like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002063846965.html

tribefan

This is the second 4130 Daytona I have seen with this problem. We had a M2M dispute with a watch that had the exact same problem, I was close to posting on your last thread but didn't want to get your anxiety up. Seem to run fine, but lay it on it side and it would stop. Broken balance staff was the issue.

Unfortunately, I tried to source parts for this for the member and it was dire indeed. At that time, Trusty could get a replacement movement, but it was essentially the cost of a new watch. You can try and send Andrew an email and see if those are still around, but I suspect not.

If you try and go gen, I would contact interactiv on RWI, he seems to be able to source gen parts, but again, they are primo bucks. You can also scour the parts forum at RWI and put up a WTB, but those WTB parts treads seem to never get answered and die. Still worth a shot.

Under normal circumstance you would just punt and buy a new watch, but Noob is looking like it is gone forever.

GingerApple

Crappy luck mate, sorry.

A clever tinkerer who may know a solution is @KJ2020 - although by the sound of it, there might be no such thing as a solution.