mr.tourette

A little advice please re Breitling

mr.tourette

So I've recently acquired a used gen 1 year old Superocean Heritage II from an authorised dealer. First day in and it was running absolute shite ,  disappointing to say the least but the dealers took it back and sent to Breit for a repair, I was told it only needed regulating which I thought a little odd as it was running massively out of cosc spec..in the few hours i wore it it was 45 minutes out, can't remember if it was fast or slow..

Anyway I have had the watch returned today and using an app checked the specs  +6 per day and 0 beat error so  acceptable, it was running when arrived but not dead on time so thought i would set it against my radio controlled citizen..heres where things go awry, when i first try to move the hands the crown doesnt turn, apply a little more pressure and still nowt, I'm thinking maybe its not sat quite right so winds the crown back in and out again and try again, still no joy using normal pressure so i apply more and it starts moving..its very stiff imho but will move, to me it feels wrong, it feels like it needs too much pressure , i seem to remember the day it arrived the first time i set it it spun around like it was greased in butter, very smooth and easy, but of course it was running like shit.

I don't know  if now the watch is running as it should that perhaps this is normal for this movement although to me it feels unnatural and not how it was before it went back for just supposed regulating, its using a Tudor mt5612 movement apparently..it almost feels like a brake is being applied when setting the hands although the normal winding and date quickset work perfectly.

At this stage I'm not sure whether to persist with it in the hope it will loosen up with use or return and ask for a refund as its feeling like the shine has been taken off my first premium  gen

Any advice appreciated

Philiusmaximus

Return,

Suppose this is the issue with pre owned watches. You inherit the previous owners issues. Ok if watch is new and under warranty.

If it makes you feel better I picked up a longines legend diver no date - no option but to go pre owned as it's discontinued.

The crown felt a bit odd when screwing in when I first got it but now threads have stripped so off for repair. No doubt the previous owner has been a biff and not careful when screwing in crown.

• Like 1

BadApple
9 minutes ago, mr.tourette said:

At this stage I'm not sure whether to persist with it in the hope it will loosen up with use or return and ask for a refund as its feeling like the shine has been taken off my first premium  gen

Any advice appreciated

Return it - buy a new Oris.......  

• Like 2

brang1
1 hour ago, mr.tourette said:

So I've recently acquired a used gen 1 year old Superocean Heritage II from an authorised dealer. First day in and it was running absolute shite ,  disappointing to say the least but the dealers took it back and sent to Breit for a repair, I was told it only needed regulating which I thought a little odd as it was running massively out of cosc spec..in the few hours i wore it it was 45 minutes out, can't remember if it was fast or slow..

Anyway I have had the watch returned today and using an app checked the specs  +6 per day and 0 beat error so  acceptable, it was running when arrived but not dead on time so thought i would set it against my radio controlled citizen..heres where things go awry, when i first try to move the hands the crown doesnt turn, apply a little more pressure and still nowt, I'm thinking maybe its not sat quite right so winds the crown back in and out again and try again, still no joy using normal pressure so i apply more and it starts moving..its very stiff imho but will move, to me it feels wrong, it feels like it needs too much pressure , i seem to remember the day it arrived the first time i set it it spun around like it was greased in butter, very smooth and easy, but of course it was running like shit.

I don't know  if now the watch is running as it should that perhaps this is normal for this movement although to me it feels unnatural and not how it was before it went back for just supposed regulating, its using a Tudor mt5612 movement apparently..it almost feels like a brake is being applied when setting the hands although the normal winding and date quickset work perfectly.

Any advice appreciated

had a few run ins with Breitling- keep at the bastards- pester them and bombard them, this is not acceptable for this watch- fuck me, you would be bloody furious if you got a rep like that  

• Like 2

mr.tourette

Thanks chaps, you start wondering if you are being to fussy if it's keeping good time but just needed to hear that as it's not what you want when buying premium Swiss 

shinynewbling52

I had an Eba.y Breitling Cockpit 41 I wanted a full service done on.  Came back ran fine for a day then kept crappier and shittier time each day then the crown would only turn the hour hand.  Had to take it back to the store and another 3 weeks and it was fixed.  Seemed to have less power reserve but the store couldn't find any fault.  I do have a lot less activity in my new job so maybe that was it but still I didn't think I was that inactive.  Anyway, seems to be fine now but i rotate a lot so not 100% sure on the power reserve issue.  The store and Breitling did seem to make it right though.  A good AD should be able to at least initially agree or disagree with you there is a problem and Breitling would probably make it right as well.    I hope the AD is on your side and they get it sorted out. 

I also had a pre owned oris I had warranty work done.  The hands got a heck of a lot stiffer to turn after the service with less play.  I wonder what causes hand turning tension differences. 

mr.tourette
43 minutes ago, shinynewbling52 said:

I had an Eba.y Breitling Cockpit 41 I wanted a full service done on.  Came back ran fine for a day then kept crappier and shittier time each day then the crown would only turn the hour hand.  Had to take it back to the store and another 3 weeks and it was fixed.  Seemed to have less power reserve but the store couldn't find any fault.  I do have a lot less activity in my new job so maybe that was it but still I didn't think I was that inactive.  Anyway, seems to be fine now but i rotate a lot so not 100% sure on the power reserve issue.  The store and Breitling did seem to make it right though.  A good AD should be able to at least initially agree or disagree with you there is a problem and Breitling would probably make it right as well.    I hope the AD is on your side and they get it sorted out. 

I also had a pre owned oris I had warranty work done.  The hands got a heck of a lot stiffer to turn after the service with less play.  I wonder what causes hand turning tension differences. 

Interesting comment as its the same for me with the rotating hands stiffness.. however, its taken 2 months to come back from a supposed regulation and nothing else and suddenly this very big change in the way it operates the thought of it going off again for another 2 when the thing hasn't even been worn for a full day yet has pretty much destroyed my faith in it

mr.tourette

Just to wrap this up, the watch was returned with no fuss from the Ad, he sourced me a brand new watch with my favoured mesh style silicone strap/deployment combo for an extra £300 quid which I was happy enough with being I would have ponied up £360 for the strap and deployant at some point anyway.. Cheers gents:D

IMG-20210925-161737.jpg

IMG-20210925-161732.jpg

• Like 4