Sign in to follow this  
AlphaLima

What to do with this fiddy dial?

AlphaLima

Ok, i have a fiddy dial that has been sitting in my drawer since February. This is the only component i have.

Should i send it to Jackson or Getat and ask them to use it in an homage watch? I can live with a non-engraved caseback, although i understand the fiddy movement is particularly fancy as opposed to the simple blue 'officine Panerai' found on other movements. Also, there's a strong chance that the lume of the hands will not match the lume of the dial should i choose to have either of the afore mention chaps simply srop it into a pre-existing build.

I can't even begin to comprehend what is meant by cartel cases and silix cases, so i'm reaching out for help. The dial is 38mm, so which homage watches would this work in? I gather i can buy a sterile homage quite cheaply?

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

X4oa0.jpg

AlphaLima

OK. I contacted Tse at Military Time who said if i sent him the dial he'd drop it in to one of his MM228 watches and match up the lume as best he could, and have it back to me for the grand sum of $78. What does everyone think? Is this a decent idea?

Also, there seems to be a $30 difference between Tse & Getat. Is there a noticeable difference between the two products? Does anyone have either a Tse or Getat fiddy that they could give me some feedback on?

flottiglia
OK. I contacted Tse at Military Time who said if i sent him the dial he'd drop it in to one of his MM228 watches and match up the lume as best he could, and have it back to me for the grand sum of $78. What does everyone think? Is this a decent idea?

Also, there seems to be a $30 difference between Tse & Getat. Is there a noticeable difference between the two products? Does anyone have either a Tse or Getat fiddy that they could give me some feedback on?

Sounds like a good way to go,Jackson is pretty good,quick and cheap.You couldn't actually buy the parts and build it yourself for the price hes charging.Case $40,movement,$32,hand set $7 plus $20 for the thick strap...

If you go for it ask him to upgrade the standard strap to the thick one,he only charges an extra $5 and its a bargain.

Edited by flottiglia