manishkob

Is my Luminox genuine?

manishkob

Im relatively new to watches, only previously owning a Fossil, but I've been constantly wanting to expand  showbox my collection. I recently purchased and just received my new Luminox LM8822.MI Recon Point Black Watch I bought on Amazon. I would like to know if it is authentic though as I bought it for almost half the price as the $450 list price.  speed test

Edited by manishkob

SteveA

Wait I’ll just get my crystal ball

• Like 1

BadApple
1 hour ago, manishkob said:

Im relatively new to watches, only previously owning a Fossil, but I've been constantly wanting to expand my collection. I recently purchased and just received my new Luminox LM8822.MI Recon Point Black Watch I bought on Amazon. I would like to know if it is authentic though as I bought it for almost half the price as the $450 list price.

:popcorn:

Rx4Time
1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Wait I’ll just get my crystal ball

Don't worry....I've got you covered...

BackNauticalImpala-size_restricted5b2a80

• Like 1

tonyh7

I once worked in a trading room where a broker called Mr Glasscock asked if the dealer knew what sterling would sell for tomorrow (rather than a forward price). The dealer switched the call to the tannoy and countered with the immortal line 'I'm sorry Mr Glasscock, I don't have crystal balls.'

I'd guess it probably is a grey market gen, though that is a low price. There are plenty of offers below rrp. It isn't unknown for reps to be mis sold on Amazon. There are knock offs about, but from what I've seen they don't have the same quality tritium lume. But it is Amazon - so if you have any doubts return it!

• Like 1

Redfire1066

:facepalm:

By coincidence  .   .. .  .  received this from a popular auction site today https://pages.ebay.co.uk/authenticity-guarantee-watches-seller/ 

Authenticated for you

Multi-point inspection
Independent authenticators verify multiple inspection points, including the crown, bezel, dial, case, clasp/buckle, hands, end links and reference number.

Authenticity Guarantee card
Once verified as authentic and matching its listing description, each timepiece receives a unique authentication card with detailed information about the watch.

Edited by Redfire1066