Cap'n

I may have fallen in love with a VC

Cap'n

Vacheron Constantin are a brand that I've always paid a passing interest in, on the basis my father always wore one, which he alternated with an Omega and a Hamilton, but never been tempted to buy as they just aren't my style - in fact I have my Dad's old one, that simply sits in the safe and never sees the light of day because a) it's too small b) too 'traditional' and c) too precious in terms of memories, never mind the value, but one I'll never sell as it's one little piece of my Dad that I still have left.

However - I've seen the new release for this year. It's a titanium sports watch, 42.5mm  and it's bloody gorgeous. Now the kicker - they've only made 150 of them and they are £31k, so the chances of me owning one are practically none existent - really hope this gets repped cos I'd be all over it. 

Here's a little pic to wet your appetite!

Screenshot-2021-10-08-at-12-26-58.png

• Like 3

GenTLe

In theory they may be able to do it, nothing more than a modified 7750 with minutes at 3. And the gen also has quite a deep sunk date wheel.

But I think that there is a big problem with these: the thickness.

A modded 7750 can't go much below 15mm case thickness, this one is 13.7 with a see-through caseback and the movement below is pretty different from a 7750.

A similar watch with a STANDARD 7750 with a fake plate on top is the Tag 1887 which is >16.5mm and then you have to add nearly 1mm to give space to the minutes at 3 mod.

G_sus

VK Quartz, no ticking seconds - Sign me up

etj4588

I've been told this has been repped by 8F.  

• Like 1

etj4588

Oops.  Didn't realize couldn't show QC pics to compare to gen.  Apologies.

Edited by etj4588

BadApple
21 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

QC from Mary this morning.  Gen left, Rep right.  Not too bad imo.  Hands are way wrong and fonts off.  But for 1/10th the price?

QC Pics......  :rulez:

tribefan
5 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Allowed for this. In fact if you have more of the dial I'd like to see them. I can't tell if it's the crystal or the dial that is making the texture look off.  Looks like it's on a steel bracelet?

I've been looking at fifty six perpetuals but that gen in Capn's op is hot.

etj4588
9 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Removed offending post.

tribefan
3 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

Removed offending post.

As long as you are not asking for help accept or reject the watch, they are fine. No issues here.

etj4588

Gee whiz!  BadApple, if you don't know the rules, stop being a tattletale!  :D

jCrOHt.jpgjCrY12.jpg jCry4E.jpg jCr1gn.jpg jCrno3.jpg jCr6Ps.jpg jCr80Y.jpg

• Like 1

Wires

@etj4588 have you accepted the watch? If you have the rules say you can post the QC pics but not before, looks a nice piece

etj4588
2 minutes ago, Wires said:

@etj4588 have you accepted the watch? If you have the rules say you can post the QC pics but not before, looks a nice piece

Yes, I approved them with Mary before I posted.  According to tribefan, QC pics can be used to compare to Gens as long as you are not asking for help in accepting or rejecting.

• Like 1

Wires

@etj4588 all good mate

QC Pic rule update 

You may share your QC pictures or video after you accepted them with your trusted dealer.

They can only be shared to show your new purchase or for the illustration of a post / topic and in no way to get opinions on them, even if you already accepted them.

The original QC pic rule still applies to @TheGingerFerret who is not allowed to post any QC pic under any circumstances.

•  

GingerApple
29 minutes ago, Wires said:

@etj4588 all good mate

QC Pic rule update, aka 'The Ginger Ferret QC Rule Amendment Act 2021'

You may share your QC pictures or video after you accepted them with your trusted dealer.

They can only be shared to show your new purchase or for the illustration of a post / topic and in no way to get opinions on them, even if you already accepted them.

Can we take a few minutes to give thanks to the @TheGingerFerret whose tireless campaigning brought about this sensible rule change that benefits all of us who love replica watches.

GBGF (God bless Ginger Ferret).

•  

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

I may have fallen in love with a VC

That statement would have put you on government watch lists in the 70s. :D

etj4588

Just in from Mary.   The more I look at it, the more accurate it seems.

jknPaS.png jknpVW.png

• Like 1

Cap'n

Only just caught up on this thread - it' been repped!!! Shame the date wheel is the wrong colour - why do they do that? Might have to drop Mary an email anyway after CNY

APjumbo

Just watched a B&J video on this a few days ago. 
Figured I shouldn’t get my hopes up of it ever being repped

wow