mr.tourette

Fckin Breitling again!!!

mr.tourette

So following my previous thread on a badly running used Breitling SOH II which was replaced with a new one with some extra cash added by me.. New watch arrived and I was happy, wore it a few days, looks great runs great, happy days, until today, put it on this morning and goes about my day, long dog walk, visit family, nothing out the ordinary.. Looks at the watch just now and sees these small marks on the dial.. I think it may be swarf from the movement??  Whatever.. Its not a great look on a 3.5k watch, at this point I'm pretty pissed, I've just emailed the Ad and am awaiting a response.. Thing is I think I've lost faith in the brand now, I'm 3 months into Breitling ownership with only 2 days wrist time and 2 faulty watches. 

Thing I'm wondering now is if I can ask for a refund? The first repair on the used watch took 2 months and still wasn't right then I added more money for the new watch and have another lemon.. Feeling pretty pissed off with it now, it's by far the most I've spent on a watch and the experience so far is I'm now feeling like it's wasted money instead of enjoying owning a premium Swiss that has been my grail since I started collecting 

IMG-20211009-135906.jpg

BadApple

Fuck all to do with Brexit. 

GingerApple

That is shocking. It looks like the movement has done a rusty ejaculation through the centre dial hole!

Although I'd have rejected it in QC for the misaligned pearl alone!

• Like 2

SteveA

Demand a refund

Philiusmaximus

Refund all day long and walk away. Stick with reps when it comes to Breitling as you won't ever be confident with gens. The pearl isn't aligned and the muck on the dial is shit.

tribefan
8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Demand a refund

I agree. Don't know if they will actually do it, but I would not go for third time's a charm.

mr.tourette

Hadn't really spotted the slight misalignment of the pearl, tbf looking at it right now it's not visible to the naked eye, the crud on the dial keeps catching the light though so it's almost certainly metallic. 

I've took this on a 2 year finance deal so might contact Barclays and see what they say.. Im not entirely sure where I stand with the dealer now with timescales but I'm mighty pissed off.. Ive not seen this on 50 quid  pagani homages, 300 quid reps or any of my many microbrand watches so it's particularly galling on my first premium Swiss gen

Ronald2211

This look like a bad rep!

Refund is the only thing imo.

This is how it must look.

Good luck to find a solution!

joBWGo.jpg

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Why would you not be entitled to a refund?

I get that if you've had it over a certain amount of time you may have to give them a chance to repair the fault first.

mr.tourette
19 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Why would you not be entitled to a refund?

I get that if you've had it over a certain amount of time you may have to give them a chance to repair the fault first.

Thats what Im not sure about just the time scale thing, although the first watch I only had 24 hours before it went for repair, it was then away 2 months and came back still not right, then replaced with this one Ive had 2 weeks which seemed fine originally but today this crap appeared all over the dial. The pearl Im honestly not bothered about as I hadn't even noticed it until it was mentioned here.. its obviously slightly misaligned on a zoomed in photo but its not something even noticed by naked eye. So far the AD has been just fine with me but Im not sure if Ill be entitled to a refund or just a repair but because of the bad feelings now associated with the watch Im not really wanting it repaired and at this point Id rather take a refund and have a think about whether I'd want to trust the brand again, the finance is the tricky part as obviously Ive paid a deposit and made 3 months repayments so not sure exactly how it would work

Philiusmaximus

You in UK? Your statutory rights are pretty straightforward with things like this. Yeah dealers might try and pull a fast one but it's worth reading up on.

mr.tourette

Yes buddy in UK, I'll have a look into what my rights are especially as I bought online so distance selling regulations may come into it too, best to be prepared for a conversation fully armed with the facts so I'll do some research 

CollieWobbles

Hope it works out for you, that's piss poor.

Philiusmaximus
1 hour ago, mr.tourette said:

Yes buddy in UK, I'll have a look into what my rights are especially as I bought online so distance selling regulations may come into it too, best to be prepared for a conversation fully armed with the facts so I'll do some research 

You have 30 days right to reject any purchase (not digital goods I don't think). Your distance selling rights is 14 days right to return without any reason given and seller must refund within 14 days of receiving items.

You're covered under consumer rights act 2015.

I would go straight for refund. Reject any offer of them offering to repair.

• Like 2

mr.tourette

Well i have put in writing this morning Im requesting a full refund under the consumer rights act and will not accept a repair.. lets see what happens, appreciate all the advice chaps

mr.tourette

First contact aftrer refund request, "Please can you send this to me as soon as possible? I cannot make any promises until I see the watch. I am not saying yes or no but I need to have the watch back and discuss it with the owner of the company." 

I followed up saying that the law is clear on unsatisfactory goods and they replied that they need to check its a manufacturing defect.. not sure how could think its anything else as its 2 weeks old and in immaculate unmarked condition, its not even had 24 hours wrist time, I'll keep this updated 

tribefan
On 11/10/2021 at 13:52, mr.tourette said:

First contact aftrer refund request, "Please can you send this to me as soon as possible? I cannot make any promises until I see the watch. I am not saying yes or no but I need to have the watch back and discuss it with the owner of the company." 

I followed up saying that the law is clear on unsatisfactory goods and they replied that they need to check its a manufacturing defect.. not sure how could think its anything else as its 2 weeks old and in immaculate unmarked condition, its not even had 24 hours wrist time, I'll keep this updated 

I have a very good friend who is a partner in a law firm and a prosecutor in some local towns. It is amazing how effective his business stationary letters are in getting what he wants, vs. say, umm, mine. :)

mr.tourette
15 hours ago, tribefan said:

I have a very good friend who is a partner in a law firm and a prosecutor in some local towns. It is amazing how effective his business stationary letters are in getting what he wants, vs. say, umm, mine. :)

I can imagine ..hopefully it won't get that far, I have them on both  the consumer rights and distance selling regulations so they really don't have a leg to stand on, I really can't see how they can put this on anything I have done, i'm sure if it goes back to Breitling they will know it hasn't been abused and will see its obviously come from the movement..what a load of bollocks from a premium swiss brand, not seen this on a rep, chinese homage, microbrand or budget gens, after years of working towards a gen Breitling i have this nonsense

hasel5

Feel for you here mate I have brought my fair share of Gen Breitlings and never had a issue 

I have a older style SOH in 42mm and was spotless when it arrived 

Hope you get sorted 

Regards Nick

jqUkBK.jpg

mr.tourette

Thanks Man, they Ad has the watch now, they have said "we have never seen anything like this before, well get in touch with Breitling and let you know" 

Not sure why they don't just issue my refund.. do they really think i would open up a brand new watch and have the dial out and fuck it up and cry foul?? 

This is the part that worries me.. they should surely just look at that and say buyer is the right here we need to cough up

Not feeling the customer service tbh

Philiusmaximus

How did you pay? Please say credit card.

Any purchase over £100 should be done using a credit card either in part or in full. You get s. 75 protection. Best thing ever.

mr.tourette

No mate unfortunately I financed it interest free over 2 years

mr.tourette

Just to draw a line under this, it took a while but I have finally been refunded by the AD after the watch went back to Breitling for an inspection. AD was pushing for me to try again insisting I couldn't possibly get 3 Breitlings in a row that had issues but to have these issues on my first dip into that end of the market it will be a while before i go again.. back to reps, sub 1k watches and microbrands for now..... will use the deposit and payments made to buy a GF SOH II rep and a micro... think it will be a while before I dip into swiss gens again at this price.. maybe I was very unlucky but quality/price ratio was a bit shit :lol:

• Like 2

Philiusmaximus

Wahey. What did they say the problem was?

CollieWobbles

It's disappointing alright, glad you got your money back.