mr.tourette

Fckin Breitling again!!!

Intresting

yikes.  think its really unfortunate.  Then again @BravoDelta had issue with a gen Omega, I had issue with a gen Tudor (sent back for refund), you now with Breitling.   Gen prices means we might have significantly (and justified too, with the price tag) expectations.   Other threads also seem to indicate that even Rollies have their share of quality issues.   

• Like 1

APjumbo

I wonder if there is a 42mm SOH for sale on M2M?

mr.tourette
10 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Wahey. What did they say the problem was?

Didn'y say mate, they just said Breitling admitted manufacturing issue

ChromosomeYX
On 10/10/2021 at 01:25, TheGingerFerret said:

That is shocking. It looks like the movement has done a rusty ejaculation through the centre dial hole!

Although I'd have rejected it in QC for the misaligned pearl alone!

This is the most entertaining thing I've read today

gooner2826

Companies are fuckers for this, luckily the law is very clear here with distance selling. I got the run around not long ago when I bought a car online, they love trying to drag the 14 day period out when it then becomes a different kettle of fish on refund/repair! 

In seperate news my friend found that his GF GMT avenger was close enough that when trying on a gen in an AD he didn’t feel there was much of a difference. Seems you can’t go wrong with GF breitlings 

GenTLe
7 minutes ago, gooner2826 said:

Seems you can’t go wrong with GF breitlings 

Actually I recently got a TW Factory one from Toro, a 42mm two tone SOH with blue dial and that thing is simply perfect like a GF one (and 70$ cheaper). Hence keep eyes open as other factores are good as well :)

mr.tourette

Just to wrap up this whole sorry experience, a GF rep at 10% of the price...this will do nicely until I decide to possibly dip in a gen again

IMG-20211124-095223.jpg

• Like 2

CollieWobbles

Looks great enjoy

CurioLeo

jnEQrR.jpg

I agree, here is my GF on gen 154A bracelet with a chronometer grade Bulgari Cal 220 to replace the Miyota movement. There was some stuffing around involved with the movement replacement as I recall but it was finally done (sadly by a local 80 year old watchsmitj who I can't get in touch anymore since he finally retired and moved to the rural NSW)

• Like 1