Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Explorer is out!

KeNnY

OH FUCK YEAH !!!!!! :mulderthesbkiller:

Can't wait for this one in white dial !!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOO BUYING THE 42 MM VERSION !! MAN !! THanks for the news wat!

RS9

Rolex have shot themselves in the foot by "supersizing" the Explorer II; one of the few classic Rolex's remaining and they turned it into this....

KeNnY
Rolex have shot themselves in the foot by "supersizing" the Explorer II; one of the few classic Rolex's remaining and they turned it into this....

I like big Explorer much more than the old one ! So I think this is great model :mulderthesbkiller:

wat44

I think its one of the better things theyve done (and they dont do much well!!!)

a bigger case and vintage orange - I like it

RS9

I do like the vintage orange, but upsizing the watch makes it looks cheap IMO. The explorer has been a well proportioned watch until now.

Member X

Hater ;) lol

I like the new one - the old one was a classic size but I don't think enlarging it makes it look bad at all :kenny:

Is the gen minutes hand that fat though?!

KeNnY
Hater :D lol

I like the new one - the old one was a classic size but I don't think enlarging it makes it look bad at all ;)

Is the gen minutes hand that fat though?!

yep everything on that watch must be FAT ! :kenny:

wat44

the pic I posted is GEN, the links are to the prototype at PC

Member X

The 24hr bezel markings are slightly different in the rep, but I think I actually prefer the rep markers :) lol

GC

i like it

Pob

Lol my next watch :)

Robert if you read this let me know as soon as you have this one :D

Del

Oh yeah, I like that, especially in 42mm! :)

nunu78

nice,ive started as a Tag Fan,Panerai didnt do anything for me but with a passage of a time ive become rollie fan.

Pob

Me 2 nunu ;)

I were only my DSSD and my wife GMT11 :) i actualy like the GMT better but if it were little bit bigger. But now waiting is over i guess :D

Member X

I hated Rolex when I started, and just didn't 'get' PAMs.

Guess what makes up most of my collection now... :D:)

greg_r

s'okay, X. I didn't get PAMs at first. I only bought my first one (a 111h) to try and figure out what all the fuss was about.

20 PAMs later (albeit half of those now sold), I think I got it figured out... :)

I like the bigger Explorer (actually, I like the old smaller one too). It's a bit like the Day/Date (or DJ). Can't quite make up my mind whether I prefer the old smaller style or the newer large version.

Member X

You know what that means, don't you?

You just have to buy both :D:)

solkryssare

I def wish they'd kept it at 40 mm. I got the cheap 40 mm version from Reg and its perfect in size imo

KeNnY

yay for 42mm version ! Can't wait to see it in white version, and will buy it ASAP ! :)

Brightlight

I think Rolex have sold out to the 'Big Watch' brigade. Personally, and it is only a personal observation though you know I'm right, this and the DSSD are abominations in the sight of the Lord. If the good Lord had intended us to wear big watches he'd have given us wrists like Kenny's avatar.

KeNnY
If the good Lord had intended us to wear big watches he'd have given us wrists like Kenny's avatar.

:):D

prestigewatchco

I am told this is a month or 6 weeks away from being ready. I have a feeling Josh posting this is political rather than it being for sale

nunu78
I think Rolex have sold out to the 'Big Watch' brigade. Personally, and it is only a personal observation though you know I'm right, this and the DSSD are abominations in the sight of the Lord. If the good Lord had intended us to wear big watches he'd have given us wrists like Kenny's avatar.

:)

greg_r

Quite a statement for a self-confessed atheist! :)