BravoDelta

Seized by Customs!

BravoDelta

A year and a half ago. But they're just now letting me know. The last tracking I had for this watch was June 2, 2020. That was after a two month wait. I long ago wrote the whole thing off to covid and then the customs seizure notification letter shows up in the mail today. The wheels of justice turn slow. 

:turtle:

Last tracking...

jqHV2I.jpg

Letter...

jqHxf4.jpg

RussP

IF only reps could be purchased at $USD 9 :balls:

• Like 1

NCRich

Argh.  Sux.

tribefan

Took about 9 months for mine to show up.

brang1

What a bastard- bad enough waiting anytime- but then this - good lesson for anyone starting up in the hobby - bloody shame 

Jibuti

Fuckin blast from the past... 

Intresting

One way to look at this is that you got closure @BravoDelta   Like knowing someone died and the body is now found...   (too much CSI ?)

• Like 1

brang1

@BravoDelta would you be able to say the watch was being sent to you for repair-hence the low value indicated 

FunnyStarSystem

I'll pick it up for you from CBP next time I come through JFK, it's probably on one of their wrists.

BravoDelta
2 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

I'll pick it up for you from CBP next time I come through JFK, it's probably on one of their wrists.

Not that I would have tried to claim a "counterfeit" watch anyway, but here's the catch...On property where no action has been taken, their required to publicly post the item on forfeiture.gov for 30 days. After that it becomes theirs. The notification letter is dated July 28, 2021. The public post has long been expired and they have "acquired full title to the seized property" before I ever got notified. So there was really no way to ever get it back even if I wanted to. I suspect this happens with most everything they seize. So yeah, one of em's probably wearing it :lol:

• Like 1

SCShrek

Should have marked it as "enriched uranium" and would have probably come through with no issue. ;)

• Like 1

Left Coast Guy

Have these been happening more, or is this just a one off? I don't remember much risk at all shipping to the US back in the day....