tribefan

Tudor 89190 Hydronaut

tribefan

Been on the hunt for something gen for at least the last 6 months. I looked at tons of possibilities anywhere is the $2K to $6K range, and I really wanted to stay away from the top end of that unless something really nice was available at a good price. And of course prices have been going crazy. I thought long and hard about getting the gen model of one of my reps, but, I really like my reps and the ones I like the most are really good reps so I just didn't see spending the money.

I stumbled across this beauty from 1996. Wifey has been wanting me to get a nice watch for our 25th anni, and this was the year we were married so I pulled the trigger. Probably could have got a better deal if I hunted around for something in pristine condition, but a little wear on a now vintage piece is not at all a bad thing, and this was in the very low range of my budget so feel pretty good about it. Considering they are going for less than a quarter of a 70's or 80's model, it was worth a flyer for the year and it has some personal meaning.

2824 runs pretty well on the timegrapher, -6 sec 254 amp .01be out of the box, 40MM and it's blue!

jqwDk1.jpg jqwZVj.jpg jqkczK.jpg jqkgOv.jpg jqwza4.jpg

• Like 6

Redfire1066

@tribefan … looks great … always liked the way the bezel sits just inside the case diameter .. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

paccbet

Underrated for sure. Great snag!

• Like 1

NCRich

Oh I like that a lot.  Nicely done.

• Like 1

splke

very nice pal congratulations

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Very nice piece, congrats! 

Btw, I had no idea that this model even existed!

• Like 1

tonyh7

Not seen one of those before. Really nice. Great choice.

• Like 1

tribefan
13 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

Very nice piece, congrats! 

Btw, I had no idea that this model even existed!

There's bunch of black one's but not too many blue bezel and blue dial. I'm really liking it. Bezel is tight, not at all loose, and it looks like it was re-lumed at some point.

• Like 1