Sign in to follow this  
gran

NAUTILUS 5711 any good?

_DC_
Ok so to recap the sw200 is the best option atm? I can find them on puretime for over $500 but thats about it. Anyone knows if WI has them with the gen strap?

TDs won't supply them with gen straps, they're replica dealers!!!!

WI can get the SW200 on replica strap, you'll have to buy the gen strap separately!! Gen straps are hard to find and expensive!!!

DC

sunbites
Ok so to recap the sw200 is the best option atm? I can find them on puretime for over $500 but thats about it. Anyone knows if WI has them with the gen strap?

TDs won't supply them with gen straps, they're replica dealers!!!!

WI can get the SW200 on replica strap, you'll have to buy the gen strap separately!! Gen straps are hard to find and expensive!!!

DC

Yeah got it now! Bought 2 gens straps now so ... now only need the watches :)

Thanks Dave!! :)

rhreplica

Is there a sw200 v2 any time soon?

I think I'd rather have a V2 Miyota with fixed hands.

goodman

Is one in the works?

_DC_

Is one in the works?

Nope!

Wouldn't hold your breath either, unless it has Rolex, Panerai or AP on the dial the factories don't seem that interested in upgrades. Look at the SW200, been about for years and it has an improved movement but it still has an incorrect dial pattern, incorrect mid links and those dreaded end link holes!

Sorry to burst the bubble!

DC

sunbites

I have the Miyota coming hopefully tomorrow - and I plan to make mods and get proper hands and see where I end up.

JMMC

Imho , the Miyota moded to proper hands, is the "nowadays", best option, needless to say the best ratio $$$/quality (if you find hands at good price),

SW200 versions are too expensive, since you´ll have to live with the list of faults pointed by DC: not correct dial pattern, horrible endlink holes, and that nasty "like-glued" patek logo on the rotor.

herman

I wait a PATEK PHILIPPE NAUTILUS SS200 SS/SS DARK GREY DIALMiyota from Fat Panda. Review with pics in some times ..

brent1234

Hello,

Is it possible to order the 5711 Miyota from a TD and then send it to another woorkshop to have the correct hands (such as the ones used in the SW200 5711 replica) put on instead of the incorrect ones used in the Miyota replica? I want the hands of the SW200 and the dial, case and bracelet of the Miyota.

If so, who is doing the conversion and for how much?

I would like the 5711 Miyota, but the wrong hands are preventing me for ordering it. If there is somone doing the mod, I would get it.

Thanks

Martijn0007

Hello,

Is it possible to order the 5711 Miyota from a TD and then send it to another woorkshop to have the correct hands (such as the ones used in the SW200 5711 replica) put on instead of the incorrect ones used in the Miyota replica? I want the hands of the SW200 and the dial, case and bracelet of the Miyota.

I would like the 5711 Miyota, but the wrong hands are preventing me for ordering it. If there is somone doing the mod, I would get it.

Thanks

I've seen someone mod a miyota one with hands of a 21J Nautilus. If you search arround you will most likely find it ;)

I'm not sure about the costs. If you can get the hands seperatally (which I'm not sure about you can) you have to pay for the watchmaker, the mod,multiple times shipping, etc.

I guess you will get close to the price of a SW200.

sunbites

Hello,

Thanks

I've seen someone mod a miyota one with hands of a 21J Nautilus. If you search arround you will most likely find it ;)

I'm not sure about the costs. If you can get the hands seperatally (which I'm not sure about you can) you have to pay for the watchmaker, the mod,multiple times shipping, etc.

Yeah looks nicer tho :)

Realism

I have the best 5711

brent1234

Hello,

Thanks

Yeah looks nicer tho :)

Yes, I agree the best solution for the best 5711 would be the Miyoya with the hands of the SW200. I just ordered a Miyota Nautilus 5711 yesterday from a TD. Now I have to find hands from an SW200. Of course I am not sure the hands from the SW200 will work with the Miyota movement even if I can find them. Looking forward to seeing what the Miyota Nautilus looks and feels like in the hand.

Realism

Just get the hands from the 21j nautilus... mentioned all over the prev. Posts

porschespeedster

Great review.

Makes me want to pick up a solid back version...no bigger tell then a rep movement in a 'Patek.'

Stewart

Terrific review! I am on the fence about the style but very informative.

Laz730

I really like this review...It was in depth and informative!! I have the 5711 with the engraved rotor!!

kennycoder

Tough question, where can I get the 21j Nautilus? I'm looking on toro's and some other websites, and can't find anything.

Martijn0007
Tough question, where can I get the 21j Nautilus? I'm looking on toro's and some other websites, and can't find anything.

Narikaa has them I think.

kennycoder

Narikaa has them I think.

Thanks mate! Will ask him.

mascot

bump

_DC_
bump

Why are you bumping a thread from 2011?!

DC

gran
bump

Why are you bumping a thread from 2011?!

DC

Beacause Its a classic

tumblr_mn619jvsCt1rxaho8o1_400.gif