anthonyd

Newbie needs a good cover story

Mr Q
gen or made of cheese. ;)

HUBLOT ? :lol:

Bizactly :D

Are you two in the Hublot police or something? :poke:

Mr Q
If you dress like a chav and go around wearing a gold Datejust people are going to think its a rep (or you're a drug dealer)

Or if you're from Arbury.

Comex
Only time I've ever been asked if the watch was real was in a pub - I was wearing a cheapie Rolex DSSD at the time.

I just looked the guy in the eye and said "no, it's a fucking tattoo", which ended the conversation fairly quickly

LOL

JohnG

Answer the question with another question:

Q: "Is that watch real?"

A: "Have you ever been ass-raped with a piece of rusty rebar?"

If you ACTUALLY say this, I guarantee they will forget all about your watch. Try it.

tracyl

I would just say it is a gift from my father, then proceed to hand it to them to admire. Even if they are really into watches, unless they know the tells of that specific watch, there is no way they can tell it is a rep. For example, if someone showed me their rolex, I would have know way of knowing if it is a gen or rep. But if someone showed me their Omega Speedy pro, or their Planet Ocean, or SMP, I could tell right away if it was a fake. There are tell signs, but you need to own one and do research on the tells before you could tell the difference. That is why most AD's can tell the difference under close scrutiny. But there are a lot of sales people at AD's that don't know squat, so I'd bet you could fool about 50% of them.

Just a little experiment, next time you are out shopping(mall, grocery store, etc.) Try to spot the watch brands. You will see that most people wear fashion watches like fossil, guess, swatch, nike, timex. I only know 6 people that actually own gen rolex's and other high end watches. And those people I know couldn't tell the difference between a gen and rep. Enjoy the watch!

myaz

Don't sweat it or make excuses for yourself for a second.

People in general are just not that into you, I mean, watches. :)

You only get that impression because we are all rabid here.

Enjoy.

Eiderdaus

Same story..... Hedgehog Day.