tribefan

Seiko SARF007 - Presage 140th LE - Found - Review

tribefan

Hey folks-

I've had the itch for this one for a while, but $1200 seems quite steep. The best deal I've found is on Gnomon of all places, free shipping and no sales tax. Any advice on how to shop this cheaper?

670745943-seiko-presage-140th-anniversar

Bill_C

I really don't think you will find it cheaper. As you know, it's a limited edition anniversary model with a pretty stellar movement. The price is about what I expected. Gorgeous watch and worth the price, but I am a fan of mid and high tier Seikos anyway, so I am admittedly biased. Still, IMO, it's a better investment than a lot of Swiss watches in the same price range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Theduke.williams

That is one interesting watch.

I like that the date is on a sub dial at 6, looks as if reading the date is very easy.

Maybe another one to add to the bucket list, eespecially in dark blue!

mens-sharp-edged-indigo-iron-gmt-automatic-watch-spb217j1-p15263-27003_image.jpg

Plaasbaas

Wow, what a beauty! Gonna read up on this model as well.

Aramis2288

Looks a bit like Gran Seiko. Classy. Very classy.

BoobBandit

If you happen to be friends with an Epson or SEIKO instruments  employee they have an employee sale yearly in December where they get 50 % SEIKO watches. The old you scratch my back seems to work.  (Sorry, my buddy no longer works for Epson)

tribefan

Well, turns out the best deal was Gnomon at the holidays when they had 5% off, because the best deal short of turtle express from eBay Hong Kong was Gnomon without the discount.

Took them a bit to ship, but once they did it was here in a few days.

Nice box with a leather pillow. 42MM face is just about the right size for this dial bezel combo, a little smaller and the details get lost, bigger and it's too much. 14MM thick, does wear a little thinner due to the side cut sharp edge case. The back sinks into your wrist.

Can wear this with about anything, jeans to suited up. Another YT video review says a budget Grand Seiko GMT, and that is about it. Bezel is a real chameleon, I had to take it outside to make sure it was not black. Looking at it now in low indoor light, it looks black as a Rolex sub. In the daylight it's a gleaming anodized blue beacon. Lume on GMT, hours, seconds and each of the markers. Marker lume was faint until it was totally black dark, but hands glowed in indoor light after being in sunlight for just a few minutes, on a rainy day.

Dial is described as a hemp weave pattern, somewhat apropos. "True" GMT 6R64 movement, 1 crown pull moves the hour hand with the GMT fixed and sets the date, 2 crown pulls sets the GMT and time. 45 hour power reserve topped up fast, seemed like less than 20 winds of the signed crown. Sapphire crystal with inner AR, which gives it a nice 3d depth. Seiko does a nice design job with a flat crystal, level with the bezel, but still a deep 3d effect with the patterned dial sunken under the rehaut. Dial markers sit above the textured dial, are multi faceted and refract light as the watch moves.

Not thrilled about these pins in the bracelet. For $1200 they could use screws. The movement could be decorated better as well, pretty plain jane below the rotor and even that ain't all that great. I guess that is what a Grand Seiko gets ya.

jvYRdv.jpg jvYGaj.jpg jvYfJ1.jpg jvYJ6X.jpg jvYx2c.jpg jvY0FI.jpg jvYSl4.jpg jvyDOp.jpg jvYgjb.jpg jvYVvi.jpg jvyZk5.jpg

• Like 2

fatarms

Very nice!  Congrats :D

• Like 1

APjumbo

That watch is smoking hot. Was near the top of my wants list last summer along with the quartz Grand Seiko GMT SNGN003. It seems like an amazing watch for the price, auto-GMT-amazing dial. Congrats!

• Like 1

Efeo

Great colletction that sharp edged. I think they become classic range
I'm impressed with my little Grand Seiko
7b3a088597ff1e02cde2cce8268105ba.jpga6890a8e4eff957090419cd4888c37c3.jpg173620139d49b96255d84f0c40cd4c03.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1