NCRich

Tudor 7928 (blue?)

NCRich

Another to keep track of.  So I got this from @tribefan in an exchange of stuff.  To be honest I was kind of confused by it as a 7928 is supposed to be black, comes in 2 line and 4 line, and has mercedes hands.  This one was blue and had snowflake hands. 

PHOTO-2021-01-14-02-26-16.jpg

So the gen looks like this in the 2 line version.

8.jpg

There was some rumor online of a blue prototype in the 4 line version.

9.png

https://www.watch-words.com/watches/collecting/blue-notes/

So I drilled the lugs to the right size and put 2mm bars in, nipped the CGS a bit, faded the bezel insert a bit, put a different crown on it, relumed and matt sprayed the dial, and put a tropic 39 plexi on it.  I swapped the hands and aged and relumed them.  They have changed the bracelets so fitting it was a pure t bitch.  But got it done.  The 30.4 plexi tightened up the bezel probably a bit too much as its really hard to spin.  Actually prefer that as I'm OCD about the pip being in the right place.

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 5

tribefan

Gotta find a bezel with that yellow / orange print, like that look.

SCShrek

Why y'all want to show me stuff like this???? Killin me.

tribefan
14 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Why y'all want to show me stuff like this???? Killin me.

This is the watch you need

star-wars.gif

Aramis2288

The Blue one looks awesome. I prefer it over the black one. Dog's bollocks that thing. Really good vintage look.

Abe Fromen

THis looks great. I had a build done years ago (sold long ago) and while I loved the design, it just never got wrist time. However... I got a blue Pelegos and it's larger size seems to do the trick! 

BravoDelta

Very nice @NCRich.  Immensely better than the original pic. Mine has the square lume plots with snowflake hands. I've only been able to find a pic this model in gen with a date. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

jYdhFI.jpgjYElSD.jpg

• Like 1

NCRich
40 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Very nice @NCRich.  Immensely better than the original pic. Mine has the square lume plots with snowflake hands. I've only been able to find a pic this model in gen with a date. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

jYdhFI.jpgjYElSD.jpg

7016 came no date as well.

https://tudorcollector.com/collection/7016-2/

https://bulangandsons.com/products/tudor-submariner-blue-snowflake-no-date-reference-7016

It was one of my very first builds.

tudorblue.jpg

It has a modded JK case with 2879 low beat ETA, Helenarou dial and hands, Athaya crown.  I didn't age it because I just love the NOS look of it.

BravoDelta

Thanks @NCRich, that blue on mine is waaaaaaay off.  :baghead:

tribefan
2 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Thanks, that blue on mine is waaaaaaay off.  :baghead:

I think it is really tough to get the blue right on both the dial and bezel. Even the vietnam dials can be all over the place.

NCRich
7 minutes ago, tribefan said:

I think it is really tough to get the blue right on both the dial and bezel. Even the vietnam dials can be all over the place.

To be fair if you look at gens they are all over the place. 

7016-Bubble-Dial.jpg

• Like 2

SCShrek
On 01/11/2021 at 11:40, tribefan said:

This is the watch you need

star-wars.gif

Yes but you went an d sent it to @NCRich. His affinity for blue means I'll never see it!!!!!!!! ;)

tribefan
12 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Yes but you went an d sent it to @NCRich. His affinity for blue means I'll never see it!!!!!!!! ;)

MR will hook you up, it's the 2836 version. Have him drop ship it to Rich and save the time and postage. :rofl:

Intresting

stunning watches :facepalm:   unfortunately stuff can't come from the US to Australia via USPost, but it can the other way.  Go figure....