-WatchFreak-

One major question about Daytona ARF V2

-WatchFreak-

Regarding the Daytona superclones with 4130 movements (secs running at 6 o'clock and fully working subdials): which is better ARF or NOOB?

deju

Who cares?! 

Rx4Time

..... Something tells me someone has a bit more reading to do...

-WatchFreak-

Well, now I know ARF doesn't make the Superclone 4130 and that 6 subdial doesn't work.

So scratch my initial question. The question now is: Why can't I find any NOOB Daytonas with 4130?

• Like 1

Rx4Time

.... You're getting there, but something tells me you have a lot more reading to do....

• Like 3

-WatchFreak-
1 minute ago, Rx4Time said:

.... You're getting there, but something tells me you have a lot more reading to do....

You're really helpful. Thanks.

deju
3 minutes ago, -WatchFreak- said: The question now is: Why can't I find any NOOB Daytonas with 4130?

Because the big nasty police man raided noob - this watch got too much attention and now his son is arrested and his bribe offer of ridiculous millions did nothing. l

but yes you really need to read this is all discussed constantly on all rep forums. 

Expect to pay a premium if you find one.

If you won’t franken just buy ARF already.

-WatchFreak-
12 minutes ago, deju said:

Because the big nasty police man raided noob - this watch got too much attention and now his son is arrested and his bribe offer of ridiculous millions did nothing. l

but yes you really need to read this is all discussed constantly on all rep forums. 

Expect to pay a premium if you find one.

If you won’t franken just buy ARF already.

Seriously? So they're never opening again or what? I mean it's hard for a business like that to close, must be someone who can take over. Right?

And no, I won't buy one with not working subdials.

deju

Best prepare to franken then when you get noob it will need, gen hands dial and bezel, oh and an ARF bracelet. 

ARF is better finish in all of the above over noob. 

please tell me you understand the second hand subdial works it’s only the two chrono sundials that won’t run :lol:

warn1nG

Noob super clone 4130 :)

-WatchFreak-
On 25/11/2021 at 21:29, deju said:

Best prepare to franken then when you get noob it will need, gen hands dial and bezel, oh and an ARF bracelet. 

ARF is better finish in all of the above over noob. 

please tell me you understand the second hand subdial works it’s only the two chrono sundials that won’t run :lol:

Yes, I understand that on ARF the second subdial works but the 9 and 3 are faux. Regarding the bracelet I want only rubber band. And regarding the dial, is ARF dials better than NOOB v4?

-WatchFreak-

Is the rehaut engraving correct with a serial number, or does it just say "ROLEX" all the way around?

BadApple

:popcorn:

• Like 1

deju

I’ve merged your topics please don’t create endless topics on one subject for questions, it makes it harder for people doing research. 

All your questions relating to ARF/Noob Daytona’s can stay in here. 

Think of it as your own personal Q&A session 

• Like 1

-WatchFreak-
13 minutes ago, deju said:

I’ve merged your topics please don’t create endless topics on one subject for questions, it makes it harder for people doing research. 

All your questions relating to ARF/Noob Daytona’s can stay in here. 

Think of it as your own personal Q&A session 

Well, ok. I thought that a very specific question about the ARF rehaut engraving is different from comparing NOOB to ARF.

Edited by -WatchFreak-

tribefan

Google is your friend, there are multiple 40+ page threads on this at RWI. The bigger issue is finding either one of them. You're gonna pay north of $1200 for a noob. The 4130 clone movements alone were going for $920 - $1100 on Ali. Oh, and Ive seen three of these with broken balance staffs that can only be fixed with a gen balance assembly. Good luck with that.

GenTLe
On 25/11/2021 at 17:49, -WatchFreak- said:

Well, now I know ARF doesn't make the Superclone 4130 and that 6 subdial doesn't work.

So scratch my initial question. The question now is: Why can't I find any NOOB Daytonas with 4130?

False

Noob (which by the way isn't available anymore), uses the 4130 clone.

ARF (I don't know if this is available either), uses a 7750 that was modified for the IWC Portuguese chrono in order to be thin and with running sec at 6, hence the sec at 6 indeed works (as like as the central second hand), but the minute and hour counter (the chrono ones at 3 and 9) don't. 

BravoDelta
On 25/11/2021 at 11:49, -WatchFreak- said:

The question now is: Why can't I find any NOOB Daytonas with 4130?

TT claims to have limited stock of Noob Daytonas with 4130 for their "Black Friday" sale which expires November 30th. $1,200 and up. Link from their homepage...

https://trustytimewatch.io/

j6IqVL.jpg

Undinist

I've been looking at that too. I don't have or want a Daytona but I'm interested to know whether folks think that's good value? How much did they cost before the factory was raided? And what's the real story behind this appearance of stock?  I never know whether Trusty's sales pitches have any truth to them. The ad says that the factory closure means "there will not be aftersales support or parts available." Has there ever been any support or spares from any of the factories??

Aramis2288
On 25/11/2021 at 18:49, -WatchFreak- said:

And answering your question - the best factories, including Noob and VSF, have been raided and destroyed. This is the reason why you cannot see anything from these makers available on the go. Watches that actually are for sale are leftovers of old stocks and often re outrageously priced (e.g. limited stock of Daytonas at Trusty's cost $1200 while they used to cost around $800)

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

deju
1 hour ago, Undinist said:

I've been looking at that too. I don't have or want a Daytona but I'm interested to know whether folks think that's good value? How much did they cost before the factory was raided? And what's the real story behind this appearance of stock?  I never know whether Trusty's sales pitches have any truth to them. The ad says that the factory closure means "there will not be aftersales support or parts available." Has there ever been any support or spares from any of the factories??

At £500 they were good value, now they are £1000. Technically good value in comparison to the Gen cost but it’s all going to come down to individual perceived value. 

I think if you’re going franken then yes a noob is they way to go. Most should be more than happy with an ARF.  Plus if you are going to build a franken Daytona then what’s £1000! 

Again if they cloned the Zenith or we got a proper vintage no CG clone, I’d be in for £1000-1500. Which shows perceived value for me I guess. 

At this point these found watches must be clearances of parts bins etc.