RussP

Genuine Watch Wrist Check for December 2021

TanGo
On 28.12.2021 at 15:22, FunnyStarSystem said:

jlAAeo.jpg

Those dudes in the background must have gathered there specifically to look at your watch :D

They're jealous of you.

• Like 2

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

I 07193513dd717b57351efc8d9a0c6468.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Intresting

last pic with Christmas decor before it all comes down again.

jlTcyv.jpg

• Like 8

BravoDelta

jlTg41.jpg

• Like 10

Abe Fromen

Going with my Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Memovox today (older pic). 

jlXzPI.jpg

Edited by Abe Fromen
  • Like 9

RussP

jlX54F.jpg

• Like 5

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

One of my Seikos…

b1f0a5a8c47dbac6b6a0b40cdd9a9eb6.jpg

• Like 5

fatarms
8 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

jlQey4.jpg

What is this watch?

• Like 1

Redfire1066
12 minutes ago, fatarms said:

What is this watch?

@fatarms  … it is a  "KOMANDIRSKIE K-03", a Boctok homage to the fifty fathoms…. they did a black/gold antique and blue/silver version … very difficult to source now … and prices are sadly now between £150 to £350 for what was a £54 when released … I would love an antique gold/black version …. But I have never seen one for sale ….   Cheers.. …. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

fatarms
12 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

@fatarms  … it is a  "KOMANDIRSKIE K-03", a Boctok homage to the fifty fathoms…. they did a black/gold antique and blue/silver version … very difficult to source now … and prices are sadly now between £150 to £350 for what was a £54 when released … I would love an antique gold/black version …. But I have never seen one for sale ….   Cheers.. …. :thumbsup2:

It's actually quite a handsome watch in its simplicity.  I really like it.  Congrats on that pickup! :D

• Like 1

Redfire1066
3 minutes ago, fatarms said:

It's actually quite a handsome watch in its simplicity.  I really like it.  Congrats on that pickup! :D

Cheers, much appreciated..,. Sometimes less is more …. great fun for little £££… :thumbsup:

• Like 1

fatarms
1 hour ago, Abe Fromen said:

Going with my Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Memovox today (older pic). 

jlXzPI.jpg

Nice!  I don't think I've seen one of these since @cogwatch was around.  I miss that dude.

Abe Fromen
3 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Nice!  I don't think I've seen one of these since @cogwatch was around.  I miss that dude.

Thanks... the MCM is a rare beast and frankly, a one watch, watch collection. Sporty, dressy, strap or bracelet, diver, alarm watch. And the bracelet is impossible to find.  Their value is only going up. Currently its retail is approximately double what I paid. 

Edited by Abe Fromen

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Does this count as gen? f45bc7099b0815dac6c6702726a58bfe.jpg

• Like 4

FunnyStarSystem
9 hours ago, _DC_ said:

Rare “oversized” Movado Celestograf 14936 circa 1950s. At 36mm this watch is perfectly proportioned (for me at least) and large for the time period!45-D069-F2-93-EC-4781-97-D6-8473-D3-CA2-

DC

The patina here is so perfect I'd be inclined to think it faux were it not part of the DC collection! Amazing that 36mm was once considered oversized, and that Movado made watches that looked like this, they've certainly gone in a different direction since. Do you know much about the movement? I'm curious how many positions (teeth) the moon phase has, if you know?

• Like 1

RussP

jlkB7R.jpg

• Like 6

Jorge-(WhoreHay)
jlkB7R.jpg

Already Friday 6:25 am in your neck of the woods?

India?

RussP
31 minutes ago, Jorge-(WhoreHay) said:

Already Friday 6:25 am in your neck of the woods?

India?

Pic taken earlier this morning.

I'm in Brisbane.

Almost 11am here.

• Like 1

Khronos
12 hours ago, Jorge-(WhoreHay) said:

Does this count as gen? emoji23.pngf45bc7099b0815dac6c6702726a58bfe.jpg

It does count as gen, but not as a watch :)

Today is the Tuna day, the SBBN033, one of the last without that "lovely" PROSPEX X on the dial. On my 7.25" wrist:

IMG-20211231-121052.jpg

• Like 3

als86

Happy New Years Eve…soon be time to get the decorations down.

jluVVp.jpg jlugi5.jpg

• Like 3

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

This will be the last watch I wear this MØT#€RFUCK!NG POS year 2021, hoping 2022 will be a healthy and
prosperous one for you and your loved ones! Happy New Year 2022!

fe38bdc821dd661aae5858d6dd43cc3c.jpg

• Like 3

_DC_
12 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

The patina here is so perfect I'd be inclined to think it faux were it not part of the DC collection! Amazing that 36mm was once considered oversized, and that Movado made watches that looked like this, they've certainly gone in a different direction since. Do you know much about the movement? I'm curious how many positions (teeth) the moon phase has, if you know?

Movado are certainly a very different company today. In their heyday they shared case suppliers with Patek Philippe, which I think shows in this example with its angular lugs not unlike the Patek 3448 (which is probably why I love it).

The movement is a Movado Caliber 473 produced from the late 40s through to late 50s. The moonphase is fully functional and has kept in check with the moonphase app on my phone ever since I bought the watch back in March. If I haven’t worn it for a week or so I will advance the hands through all the days rather than quick setting the date so that I don’t have to reset the moonphase, so I know it’s bang on :)

The patina is lovely, I’ve not seen too many faux patina pieces so no expert but I think it would be hard to get this exact effect, where the ageing of the metal gives a golden hue in certain light and is most prominent at the periphery of the dial, so I’m pretty sure this is genuine patina. Of course I’d prefer a mint pristine example but I’ve only seen four of these in total and two of those have very clean dials that are declared as redials, so at least I know mine is original, and the other one has patina like mine but a little more severe, so out of the four I’d say mine is the best (although I’m bias of course).

DC

• Like 2

FunnyStarSystem

^The patina gives it the magic! Good stuff @_DC_ we definitely don't see enough of you around here these days, Happy New Year!

jlE664.jpg

• Like 3

Khronos

God damn it, I need a 103 in 2022. Period... 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
21 minutes ago, Khronos said:

God damn it, I need a 103 in 2022. Period... 

And you're right about the UX, it's the superior dive watch, not sure why I'd let the quartz mvmt bother me. What's not to love about an oil filled dive watch? :D