maniqwils

How do you ask people about their watch, and start a conversation?

rek001

A few years ago I'm sitting at the hand car wash waiting for my ride to be washed. My financial planner shows up to have his car washed, so he joins me on the bench outside.

We're having a nice chat and suddenly this guy comes up to me and says "nice Daytona!" I say thanks, what are you wearing? He shows me a large, shiny Breitling. We exchange a few pleasantries, and I continue talking to my finance guy. The Breitling guy walks away but just can't help himself, wants to talk some more. He mentions CRM Jewelers in Miami, whom I think is kind of cheesy. He continues to think up stuff to talk about and just won't go away.

By this time my finance guy is amused, and I tell him under my breath "this guy has no idea I'm wearing a high quality Chinese fake" and my finance guy starts to chuckle.

Faker

I always start with subtle body language 

tumblr_inline_mjkz30hpbx1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

Mr_B
On 23/01/2022 at 19:24, IvoryHoward said:

Well,  I'm curious if you've tried opening with "I admire your watch"

They'll feel more at ease.

Sounds creepy

fatarms
3 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Sounds creepy

Yeah, if you're gonna use a line like "I admire your watch", you may want to work it into something else.  Maybe like "Hey, those are some really tight pants, but I really admire your watch."

Might go over better.  Just make sure you're at least 5 feet away from the guy.

• Like 1

Thenightwatchman1

I just say nice watch, then geek out about everything about, it and normally know more than the person wearing it.

BadApple
13 hours ago, Thenightwatchman1 said:

I just say nice watch, then geek out about everything about, it and normally know more than the person wearing it.

@Phoenixboy :coke: