Sign in to follow this  
jdthompson131216

This hobby....

jdthompson131216

This hobby is breaking me. Both time and money. I find myself constantly on this site.... I've bought 6 new watches in less than a month. Another on the way. Constantly thinking about what's next. When me and my girlfriend go out I spend more time trying to figure out what watch I want to wear than what I actually pick out to wear. She's pissed because when she says "what are you thinking about" she knows it's watches...... Oh well.....

pollux1

Bin her and buy a new watch, then you'll feel aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll better. :lol:

SeanusMaximus
Bin her and buy a new watch, then you'll feel aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll better. :lol:

haha or a pact - every new pair of shoes or item of makeup shit, you get a new watch ;)

jdthompson131216

I bought her a gen tag formula one. She likes watches too but she doesn't understand. So I figured I would buy her one. She saw a ladies f1 in a magazine and had her mind made up. So I figured that would be a peace offering and she wouldn't hassle me. I was wrong.

Luthier

Declare talk about watches a "taboo" and impose harsh penalty (dumping) for breaking it.

Then buy new watch.

:lol:

jdthompson131216

I always ask her if there is something that she wants but she doesn't want a rep. But she is a photographer so she is going to photograph my watches on monday so I can post some pics

chum_2000_uk

I'm the same with so many things.... it's like as if I hate having money. With every month's paycheck I start thinking I am rich and can buy something new and cool... then at the end of the month I'm like WTF am I doing? You'd think I'd learn, but sadly I am simply addicted to spending money on watches and other gadgets that I really don't need. On the plus side, my flat has more technology than the E3!

Caliper

You should always buy girls handbags and shoes, that keeps them happy....for a while...until they feel they need a new handbag cause their friend got a new one.

jdthompson131216

It's an addiction. I have a problem. Isnt there a support group?

jdthompson131216
You should always buy girls handbags and shoes, that keeps them happy....for a while...until they feel they need a new handbag cause their friend got a new one.

Bought her a coach bag while we were on vacation this past week. Hopefully that will keep her at bay for a bit.....

AlphaLima

I bought my missus a bag as well but it didn't help one bit.

I suppose the fact that i left her to put it in the hoover herself didn't help matters much.

flottiglia
I bought my missus a bag as well but it didn't help one bit.

I suppose the fact that i left her to put it in the hoover herself didn't help matters much.

:lol:

pollux1
It's an addiction. I have a problem. Isnt there a support group?

Welcome to the finest one there is....RWG baby!

Caliper

ahhaha, don't make the mistake I did.

I have been gradually buying her better and better namebrand handbags and then you can't go back, I'm stuck now with Carolina Herrera and Louie Vuitton bags, she's now looking at that Jimmy Choo brand, damn!!! :lol:

but she's happy!

chum_2000_uk
ahhaha, don't make the mistake I did.

I have been gradually buying her better and better namebrand handbags and then you can't go back, I'm stuck now with Carolina Herrera and Louie Vuitton bags, she's now looking at that Jimmy Choo brand, damn!!! ;)

but she's happy!

You could always buy them from Mary :lol:

jdthompson131216

There's a pair of bvlgari sunglasses that she wants. The real pair are 600 USD. Anybody know off the top if Mary can get rep sunglasses?

AlphaLima
There's a pair of bvlgari sunglasses that she wants. The real pair are 600 USD. Anybody know off the top if Mary can get rep sunglasses?

She can, but i would advise caution. You never know what specs the lenses are made to, and the UV protection could be terrible. You may end up doing yourself, or your missus in this case, a lot of long term harm.

jdthompson131216

That's true. 600 dollars is so much to spend on sunglasses that she will probably lose or break them. I think it's more of the way they look for her than if they're made to the same specs as the original

chum_2000_uk

I'd never buy rep sunglasses, as it's generally the lenses that are the expensive part of decent glasses (although having said that, judging by the movements in most designer watches, maybe lenses in designer sunglasses ain't all that either).

Can't imagine the lenses in rep sunglasses being any good, and as already said, they may not be providing good enough UV protection. The point is, you just don't know the specs of the lenses.

jdthompson131216

she might just be on her own on buying those. i had alot of buyers remorse when i bought my ray bans because i figured they would get lost or i would break them but surprisingly enough i am really careful with them. this girl really never cared for designer shit till we got together. now she is all over it. but i think that is my own fault. i still love her madly but her taste is getting pretty expensive. i blame myself :lol:

chum_2000_uk

I think it's so easy for people to get into the whole designer brand bullshit. Once you start buying it, it's a slippery slope and it's very difficult to stop. I know so many people who will only buy clothes with designer labels on them, but they still end up looking the same as everyone else... don't really see the point myself. Moral of the story I guess is buy as much fake stuff as you can and save yourself loads of money.

jdthompson131216
I think it's so easy for people to get into the whole designer brand bullshit. Once you start buying it, it's a slippery slope and it's very difficult to stop. I know so many people who will only buy clothes with designer labels on them, but they still end up looking the same as everyone else... don't really see the point myself. Moral of the story I guess is buy as much fake stuff as you can and save yourself loads of money.

this is true. i went to an AD Rolex this past week and tried on alot of watches. i couldnt tell the difference from the gens and my high end reps. alot of it is the lighting i think. those bright lights in the store can make anything look good. i was wearing my gmt 2 ceramic rep and the AD thought it was real. he didnt examine it under a loupe but from cursory inspection he couldnt tell. i honestly think that this hobby is really enjoyable. there is no way i could afford every watch i wanted and this hobby makes it more of a reality.