yekilaros

Which Omega Moonwatch to get?

yekilaros

Hi All, Longtime lurker, first time poster. I've been looking start a watch collection I've always been attracted to the Omega Speedmaster 'Moonwatch' and after following this sub for sometime I'm resolved that this will be my first 'real' watch purchase.

showbox But I was wondering if someone out there might be able to explain what the differences are between the different refs and calibers of Moonwatches out there. I'm still new to the watch game so I'm not sure what might be considered 'a run of the mill' Moonwatch vs something that has more prized characteristics  speed test

Edited by yekilaros

Aramis2288

Are you asking about the gens or reps?

splke

Sorry pal but they are all very much flawed they never did a decent rep of the speedie had em all and sold em 

Subdials were right on gate quartz but they were always oversized 

Some lovely hand wi d units but sub dials are in wrong position./size due to the movement 

deju
8 minutes ago, splke said:

Sorry pal but they are all very much flawed they never did a decent rep of the speedie had em all and sold em 

Subdials were right on gate quartz but they were always oversized 

Some lovely hand wi d units but sub dials are in wrong position./size due to the movement 

Seems he is talking gen mate! 

@yekilaros several things can come in to play. Of course budget is one when getting into the more prized characteristics, broad hands dial colour, lugs and bracelet. 

The big one for me is I wanted a hesalite Crystal, I find the way they scratch up warmer than a sapphire and also I’m not a fan of the white ring the sapphire model creates. 

Best to get the models you like and see the costs and in the event it’s out of budget look at what features you’re willing to trade off  

• Like 1

paccbet

Get the newest one with the upgraded bracelet. Super comfy. 

splke
17 minutes ago, deju said:

Seems he is talking gen mate! 

@yekilaros several things can come in to play. Of course budget is one when getting into the more prized characteristics, broad hands dial colour, lugs and bracelet. 

The big one for me is I wanted a hesalite Crystal, I find the way they scratch up warmer than a sapphire and also I’m not a fan of the white ring the sapphire model creates. 

Best to get the models you like and see the costs and in the event it’s out of budget look at what features you’re willing to trade off  

I see I thought it was a rep forum :D

Well don't get the reduced I hated mine 

Intresting

The OP really got to be more self-reliant when it comes to searching for information.  All this spoon feeding.

But only because I am a real fan of the Moonwatch and I am feeling generous in the season, here is a link to start with.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/the-omega-speedmaster-watch-buyers-guide/#gref