Sign in to follow this  
kingpinup

Why do people like

Guanaco

Why do people like them? Why shouldn't we like them? They're great looking watches. This being one of my favourites, now tell me you don't like it.

fa6f14c9.jpg

kingpinup
Why do people like them? Why shouldn't we like them? They're great looking watches. This being one of my favourites, now tell me you don't like it.

O.K... that watch IS awesome... I'd never even seen that logo before... I'll give it a chance...

BWagner
i'm a middle aged man with a sports car,a gen submariner,a rep DSSD,my missus wears a mens Yachtmaster..and she is 24...pretentious..yeah..but i don't give a fuck...i enjoy my girlfriend,sports car,my watches and my life, so bollox to those who say middle aged men cant have a fooking great life..

"sadly, Rolex is seen today as wore by only pretentious people who need to show off, much like the middle age man who has to buy a sports car!"

shame you spend to much time judging people...INSTEAD OF JUST ENJOYING IT...

Agreed. I set a goal to have my first Porsche at 30. Made it at 32. Have 2 gen Baume et Mercier, 1 Gen Mont Blanc and now Robert is sending me a rep PAM and rep Sub. Like Opus, I am over 40, my wife is much younger and I am on my second Porsche (after having 2 other sports cars). Life is for the living and the appreciation of what you've earned. Do I have a problem wearing a rep Sub? Nope. I could buy it if I wanted to flush $8K in cash, but at this point I can use that money to pay for kid's college or pay off my beach house.

kingpinup

well if we're all talking about our women, our wares, and our wardrobes....

here's mine - born in china, raised in australia with a hot melbourne accent, and a professional dancer... i NEVER complain...

Bosox

I'm sitting in the airport in Las Vegas next to a guy sporting a tourbillon. I complement the watch but when he shows it to me close up, it says Rolex. I give him an odd look and he laughs and says "I know what you're thinking. It's a fake I bought years ago in Singapore but it keeps good time, so I wear it". Tourby was at 9 o'c'ock, too.

AustinTech
Rolexs?

I thought that EVERYBODY knew that Gordon Gekko hasn't been cool since the 80's...

339odog.jpg

Obviously you didn't hear about the 2010 sequel to that movie?

Rolex makes a fine watch. And they are a marketing machine. Seems fine to me. Some of their designs are just classic. Subs, datejust, ect are awesome.

That being said, I wear none of them because they are so small. :)

AustinTech
I'm sitting in the airport in Las Vegas next to a guy sporting a tourbillon. I complement the watch but when he shows it to me close up, it says Rolex. I give him an odd look and he laughs and says "I know what you're thinking. It's a fake I bought years ago in Singapore but it keeps good time, so I wear it". Tourby was at 9 o'c'ock, too.

:)

I love encounters like that. Sounds like a decent guy with BAD taste.