Sign in to follow this  
ewok88

RL Slim Classique

ewok88

Anyone seen reps of the new line of Ralph Lauren watches? I've searched quite a few of my favorite reliable seller's sites and so far nobody shows any RLs. Genuine ones are beautiful but ungodly expensive. I believe they are made by Piaget, or whoever is the parent company of Piaget.

Luthier

Well... Lauren is a clothes brand, I don't think anyone would buy watch of the same brand as his/her underwear.

:lol:

greg_r

Nope. You'll find reps of Piaget here and there, but not RL.

enzox

He's also a patron of the arts and architecture. This is his store on Madison Ave. in NYC.

26america.2.jpg

It was one of the last mansions on Madison from the "robber baron" era and about to be torn down when he stepped in and saved it. If you're ever in nyc it's an amazing place to browse through, the rooms are set up as they might have been in the 1890's, yet it's a store as well. :lol:

enzox

great photo of Ralph and one of his McLaren F1's

SS01005_0006-6330.jpg

Luthier

Enzox, we talking WATCHES, who da fuck cares his cars? Or you think you're dealing with dumbies, who don't know, who he is???

Read Greg's post again! And again! And again...

:)

Caliper

mmmm...McLaren F1, amazing machine.

If the watch brand is not rep it's because is not good enough! :)

kidding aside, seen them at their stores, nice looking watches but nothing special, just like Kenneth Cole watches, haha!

And they're not that really expensive, don't know why you'd want a rep.

Carl77
mmmm...McLaren F1, amazing machine.

If the watch brand is not rep it's because is not good enough! :)

kidding aside, seen them at their stores, nice looking watches but nothing special, just like Kenneth Cole watches, haha!

And they're not that really expensive, don't know why you'd want a rep.

The RL Slim Classique watch just has a Piaget movement with Cotes de Geneve, full guilloche dial and Breguet style hands.

Oh and the price, 15000$...

Big Tex

Ralph Lauren watches are being made by the Richemont Group...

The following companies are fully owned subsidiaries of Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. unless otherwise noted.[3]

A. Lange & Söhne — watches; based in Glashütte, Germany

Alfred Dunhill, Ltd. — men's clothing, watches, leather goods; based in London, United Kingdom

Baume et Mercier — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland

Cartier — jewelery, watches; based in Paris, France

Chloé — women's clothing; based in Paris, France

IWC Schaffhausen — watches; based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Jaeger-LeCoultre — watches; based in Le Sentier, Switzerland

James Purdey and Sons — firearms; based in London, United Kingdom

Lancel — leathergoods; based in Paris, France

Manufacture Roger Dubuis S.A. — (60% ownership) watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland

Maison Azzedine Alaïa — women's fashions; based in Paris, France

Montblanc International GmbH — writing instruments, watches; based in Hamburg, Germany

Net-a-Porter Ltd. — clothing sold via the Internet; based in London, United Kingdom

Officine Panerai — watches; based in Florence, Italy

Piaget S.A. — jewelery, watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland

Shanghai Tang — men's and women's fashions; based in Hong Kong, China

Vacheron Constantin — watches; based in Geneva, Switzerland

Van Cleef & Arpels S.A. — jewelery, watches; based in Paris, France

April 2009 this announcement came out....

Fashion designers have entered the watch and jewelry businesses before, but usually they've done so at popular price points, positioning their merchandise as casual or sporty accessories.

Designer Ralph Lauren's recently announced collaboration with the Richemont Group, by contrast, is a bold entry at the high end, consisting so far of three watch collections with price points from $9,000 to $68,500, and available, at least for now, only at Polo flagship stores.

I can't imagine why no one has produced a rep as of yet....but the main reason is probably lack of demand for one.

Baldrick

He (RL) is not a manufacture, nor even an horological atelier, it's easy to be a fashion mogul, use your brand entity to encourage a manufacture to 'build' you some watches that you can market as part of your line, it will however garner you no respect amongst WIS, but will be appreciated by those fashionistas who are easily impressed by a label, or the appelation of 'designer' who's used his riches to buy some fast cars ( I'd be more impressed if he had designed the McLaren ) now, Magali Metrailler, she's a designer ;)

Fashionistas :facepalm:

I can't imagine why no one has produced a rep as of yet

You're a little bereft in the imagination stakes perhaps...no?

Luthier

+1.

Nobody looking for Alfred Dunhill, Rado and Van Cleef watches.

Big Tex
He (RL) is not a manufacture, nor even an horological atelier, it's easy to be a fashion mogul, use your brand entity to encourage a manufacture to 'build' you some watches that you can market as part of your line, it will however garner you no respect amongst WIS, but will be appreciated by those fashionistas who are easily impressed by a label, or the appelation of 'designer' who's used his riches to buy some fast cars ( I'd be more impressed if he had designed the McLaren ) now, Magali Metrailler, she's a designer :)

Fashionistas :)

I can't imagine why no one has produced a rep as of yet

You're a little bereft in the imagination stakes perhaps...no?

Uhhhh...the dots after the part of the sentece lead to the rest of my thought...that there isn't any demand for a rep of a RL watch. I have plenty of imagination....!!!!

Baldrick
Uhhhh...the dots after the part of the sentece lead to the rest of my thought...that there isn't any demand for a rep of a RL watch. I have plenty of imagination....!!!!

Well perhaps it would behoove you to speak plainly and state your opinion forcefully rather than enshrine it within fanciful semantic imaginings, to say 'I can't imagine'...then define it by saying there's no demand is just plain silly and the latter part of your statement is contradictory to the first part,, there's no demand because

A ) they are still new to the marketplace.

B ) they are being marketed to those who have the disposable income but lack the confidence to explore the market, placing their faith in a 'brand' rather than a manufacture.

C ) they have no perceived value as yet and as such are unlikely to appeal to Chines rep factories, other than those who produce the vast degree of tosh that are evident everywhere in Asia.