shethc

My Question Regarding Grey Market

shethc

Hello, What is lost when purchasing new/unworn condition watches through grey market dealers/individual sales? If I purchased something that has a box and warranty that was purchased through AD can I then use that warranty at any Rolex? I’m just curious because it looked like the new warranty cards didn’t list names but perhaps it’s tracked through the serial numbers.

BravoDelta

Rolex warranty follows the watch, not the buyer. So, yes you can use it at any AD. 

deju

With the correct grey market contact, it was still possible to get your name on the warranty.  

29 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Rolex warranty follows the watch, not the buyer. So, yes you can use it at any AD. 

In the UK the warranty is with the business you bought it from for the first year, after which if you have taken an offer of extended warranty then that’s with a manufacturer/third party. 

Also (and forgive me I can’t remember if its 6mo or a year) the onus of proving an item is faulty or not by manufacture shifts from seller to buyer 

BravoDelta
2 hours ago, deju said:

With the correct grey market contact, it was still possible to get your name on the warranty.  

5 hours ago, shethc said:

when purchasing new/unworn

Dont know where the OP is from but in the USA New/unworn Rolex waranties are activated at the time of the original sale. Not that it makes a difference, but 2020 and later cards have no name on the card. If a new/unworn Rolex is purchased from a grey market dealer with the warranty card, the buyers watch is covered. There are a lot of new/unworn/worn  Rolex offered for sale with the warranty card by well known grey market dealers in the USA. All covered by the balance of the factory waranty. 

Example: https://davidsw.com/

deju

@BravoDelta yeah as long as activated at purchase I think it’s WW cover too.

Interesting move to remove the names on cards, for a company that throws shade on the grey market in public :lol:

sammysmiths

Im wondering this also as I purchased a brand new Panerai Radiomir off Chrono24 and the watch came from Turkey. (I’m Uk). Although the watch is new and has box and warranty cards etc, I’m wondering where my first point of call is if I needed to return the watch for faults? 

deju
1 hour ago, sammysmiths said:

Im wondering this also as I purchased a brand new Panerai Radiomir off Chrono24 and the watch came from Turkey. (I’m Uk). Although the watch is new and has box and warranty cards etc, I’m wondering where my first point of call is if I needed to return the watch for faults? 

Contact Panerai direct, they will most likely point you in the direction of an AD but then you can say Panerai sent you :lol: