belykoral

ROLEX at work?

belykoral

So not sure where to put this, so R/Watches is probably the best.
I recently was gifted a GMT Master II black ceramic watch as a wedding gift, and i am a bit apprehensive wearing it to work.

I am 27, work in middle management (large account program manager type role) for a huge company that isnt known to be flashy in a non-fancy/flashy industry. My boss (VP level), wears a Michael Kors 42mm Datejust homage, and my colleagues at the same level wear similar fashion brands (skagen, MK, Fossil) and a few shinolas or an old tag here and there.
Do you wear your rolex to work? do you think there  https://19216811.cam/  will be any impact about it? i love the watch and want to wear it everywhere, but i also understand there is a stigma about Rolex and luxury watches in general. I already dress a fair bit better than my colleagues at my level, and managers have complimented me on my "polished" ap https://1921681001.id/ pearance etc, but i don't want to move me from "leading the pack" to "privilaged douche".

Thanks.

Edited by belykoral

tribefan

I've worked at fortune 100 companies and met more sales teams and executives than I could count on the hands of a university marching band. I've run into my fair share of douches, privileged or otherwise, and for the life of me I couldn't tell you what kind of watch they were wearing.

• Like 4

Philiusmaximus

Seriously mate, life's too short.

Sell the Rolex and blow it all on cocaine and prostitutes

• Like 7

hasel5

Its your watch mate just wear it 

I wear a Gen Breitling most days to work and aim on a building site no one comments 

• Like 2

Phoenixboy

safest option is not to wear a Rolex, everyone will think its a fake...:kidding:

NCRich

Work?

• Like 4

deju
6 hours ago, belykoral said:

So not sure where to put this, so R/Watches is probably the best.
I recently was gifted a GMT Master II black ceramic watch as a wedding gift, and i am a bit apprehensive wearing it to work.

I am 27, work in middle management (large account program manager type role) for a huge company that isnt known to be flashy in a non-fancy/flashy industry. My boss (VP level), wears a Michael Kors 42mm Datejust homage, and my colleagues at the same level wear similar fashion brands (skagen, MK, Fossil) and a few shinolas or an old tag here and there.
Do you wear your rolex to work? do you think there will be any impact about it? i love the watch and want to wear it everywhere, but i also understand there is a stigma about Rolex and luxury watches in general. I already dress a fair bit better than my colleagues at my level, and managers have complimented me on my "polished" appearance etc, but i don't want to move me from "leading the pack" to "privilaged douche".

Thanks.

Ok, not to burst any bubbles but Rolex is not the best, they are tool watches. 

If you like the watch wear it to work. 

I’ll play devils advocate and suggest that if you’re worrying about what people think of you and being leader of the pack, you’re not. 

Dess nicer because you want to. Wear a nice watch because you want to. 

Never lower your standards or take away from your enjoyment of life because of others. 

• Like 7

Jasonbaylee

Wear it bcos one doesn’t know when one can’t wear it due to the increasing unforeseen matrix of Global reasons.
When asked, tell them truthfully “it was a wedding gift!” In no uncertain terms, your colleagues won’t not be proud of you isn’t it?

CollieWobbles

if I was in a position to own one and this is my grail watch my only concern would be damaging it, I wouldn't care less what anyone though of me wearing it!

Flinnt

I was given the advice dress for the job you want, not the job you have. So now I’m sitting in a meeting dressed as Batman. 
Fuck ‘em all. One day you’ll learn how short life is and hate yourself for not doing what you wanted to do. 

• Like 3

Aramis2288

I wouldn't worry about it mate. I wear my reps all the time and I never had any issues in the workplace because of it even though quite a few people in my workspace are wearing Rolexes, Omegas etc. 

Sure, expensive toys provoke envy but fook'em, wear it with pride, be it gen or rep. I think that it would be far more suspicious if you appeared with something like RM or Nautilus. Life is too short to wear shitty watches!

Pihlippe

Sell it and buy a watch :giggle:

deju
1 hour ago, Aramis2288 said:

I wouldn't worry about it mate. I wear my reps all the time and I never had any issues in the workplace because of it even though quite a few people in my workspace are wearing Rolexes, Omegas etc. 

Fix the god damn McFlurry machines already! 

• Like 2

Piccolo

Wear it.  It’s a great gift that celebrates a great occasion.  

If someone is judging your personality/ability based purely on you wearing a Rolex… Fuck Em. 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

This topic comes up at least once a year.

I work surrounded by the very people these luxury watch companies advertise and cater too, yet I rarely notice or care about what's on their wrists. I wear all kinds of reps and gens and it's very rare anyone notices mine, business is business. I wear what I like, that's the only criteria.

Today I have my neon/brg Sinn 103 on a completely empty trade floor because we've had a covid outbreak. I love an empty trade floor!

jB5r1I.jpg

tribefan
17 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

This topic comes up at least once a year.

I work surrounded by the very people these luxury watch companies advertise and cater too, yet I rarely notice or care about what's on their wrists. I wear all kinds of reps and gens and it's very rare anyone notices mine, business is business. I wear what I like, that's the only criteria.

Today I have my neon/brg Sinn 103 on a completely empty trade floor because we've had a covid outbreak. I love an empty trade floor!

Traders are the worst.

• Like 1

GingerApple

Sell the watch and spend the proceeds on intensive psychotherapy and/or hypnotherapy to address your frightening lack of self confidence.

This has to be a PBR sock account, surely!!?!

• Like 1

NCRich
17 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

This has to be a PBR sock account, surely!!?!

Seems to be using a VPN.  Is PBR that smart?

• Like 2

deju
1 hour ago, Piccolo said:

Wear it.  It’s a great gift that celebrates a great occasion.  

If someone is judging your personality/ability based purely on you wearing a Rolex… Fuck Em. 

You make me look like I molly cuddle my gens :rofl: Probably the best example of someone not letting others dictate their style too! 

• Like 1

Aramis2288
1 hour ago, deju said:

Fix the god damn McFlurry machines already! 

My apologies Sir. Right on it, Sir. Would you like fries with that? :baghead:

Abe Fromen

Most people will think it's fake so who cares? I work in non-profit and wear gens and reps and literally zero people give zero phoques. In this day and age most people don't even wear watches so who cares.

Dress the way you want, not how you think you'll be perceived.

Douchebaggery comes from attitude mostly... unless you dress in wafer thin $2000 t shirts, purple linen pants rolled up past your ankles and sockless loafers. Then you're on your own. 

GingerApple
30 minutes ago, Abe Fromen said:

pants rolled up past your ankles and sockless loafers. Then you're on your own. 

I'm totally with you! Horrendous look!!!

I bet @deju absolutely loves the no socks/short trousers look and wears it often, I fecking guarantee it!!!!

deju

It’s an age thing, gotta have the hidden socks with your sneakers :rolleyes: 

deju

@TheGingerFerret look what you have done…. 

thst said that display picture is actually very close to looking like me :rofl:

• Like 1

GingerApple
10 minutes ago, deju said:

thst said that display picture is actually very close to looking like me :rofl:

In your dreams mate,  the avatar isn't too horrific.

This is more you:

jBW9z4.jpg