DieselBeast

Low beat A7750

DieselBeast

Hey everyone!! Thanks for the help in advance!! 

I have a rep from about 10 years ago running the Low Beat A7750. It stopped working a few years back and I hadn’t really had a chance to do anything with it. 

I tackled it this week and the pivot on the top of the escape wheel is broken. Stupid me ordered an ETA escape wheel but when it arrived I realized my mistake. 
The genuine eta escape is 20 teeth & looks like maybe 10 teeth on the gear (maybe more), my A7750 low beat had a 15 tooth, 8 tooth gear. 

Does anyone have a known solution? 

I have two things in mind:

1) find the Asian low beat escape wheel 

Or

2) upgrade it from low heat to high beat (if this is possible??

Anyhow, thank you for having me and looking forward to your advice & help !! 

GenTLe

Buy a new high beat 7750:  just search for 7750 on AliExpress and there are plenty both in the 6/9/12 and in 3/6/9 variants.

DieselBeast
On 17/12/2021 at 22:19, GC said:

This one is the incorrect part for low beat. 

On 18/12/2021 at 09:56, GenTLe said:

Buy a new high beat 7750:  just search for 7750 on AliExpress and there are plenty both in the 6/9/12 and in 3/6/9 variants.

Hmm, maybe this is the ticket, if I go high beat will the rest of my parts transfer over? Or will it create issues converting to high beat with time keeping etc?

GenTLe
20 minutes ago, DieselBeast said:

This one is the incorrect part for low beat. 

Hmm, maybe this is the ticket, if I go high beat will the rest of my parts transfer over? Or will it create issues converting to high beat with time keeping etc?

If you go high beat just use the full new movement. Eventually swap the date wheel (which can be done relatively easily, just 2 very small screws) if the fonts are different and the rotor (one large screw) if yours is engraved. That's it.

fatarms

According to what I read at RWI, high beat may not fit low beat hands, especially subdials.

• Like 1

DieselBeast
25 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

If you go high beat just use the full new movement. Eventually swap the date wheel (which can be done relatively easily, just 2 very small screws) if the fonts are different and the rotor (one large screw) if yours is engraved. That's it.

I can’t find one with seconds @ 3 

this is for a breit 6.75 big date rep. 

21 minutes ago, fatarms said:

According to what I read at RWI, high beat may not fit low beat hands, especially subdials.

Ahh… lol back to searching for the escape wheel with 15 teeth rather than 20 :(

GenTLe
9 hours ago, DieselBeast said:

I can’t find one with seconds @ 3 

this is for a breit 6.75 big date rep. 

Ah! That one... I have that on the Blackbird, serviced mine this year and now running well.

Sooo, you only bet is then to try swapping escape wheel and balance wheel (and most probably also the mainspring) from an high beat one, but take care the balance cock may be different if I'm not wrong...

DieselBeast

That’s what I was afraid of lol oh well new movement en route. I’ll Frankenstein one from the two of them.