bekerteli

Which Tissot PRX dial colour should I choose?

bekerteli

Next month I’m going to start my first serious office job. Before that I wanted to create 3 piece collection - dress watch/everyday watch/diver

So far I got vintage Omega Seamaster 30 red 135.007-64 as the dr https://1921681001.id/ ess watch (silver linen dial) and I’m going to get a Longines Hydroconquest (black dial)

As for the everyday watch I chose Tissot PRX (quartz) but I can’t decide between silver and blue dial. Which one would you prefer? Which one would be a better fit for my collection?

Bonus question: what do you think about steel bracelet watch & suit combo? Doe   https://19216811.cam/s the dial colour make it less or more formal?

Edited by bekerteli

tribefan

Wear what you like, especially if it's blue.

• Like 1

Rx4Time

Blue, the grey is less captivating.

Dog
33 minutes ago, bekerteli said:

Next month I’m going to start my first serious office job. Before that I wanted to create 3 piece collection - dress watch/everyday watch/diver

So far I got vintage Omega Seamaster 30 red 135.007-64 as the dress watch (silver linen dial) and I’m going to get a Longines Hydroconquest (black dial)

As for the everyday watch I chose Tissot PRX (quartz) but I can’t decide between silver and blue dial. Which one would you prefer? Which one would be a better fit for my collection?

Bonus question: what do you think about steel bracelet watch & suit combo? Does the dial colour make it less or more formal?

Blue

FudgyDocker

All reps, I assume?

Khronos

I saw and tried all 3 colors and the blue is in another league. The silver dial version was way too 70's for my taste. I think that the steel bracelet watch is a perfectly good match to a suit, especially this type of bracelet.

But it may be that the black dial version would be a better choice to wear with a suit. 

@FudgyDocker With the current prices of reps I think that the rep would be more expensive than gen :D I saw them as low as 480€..

• Like 1

Rx4Time

They are $375 for the quartz version.  Powermatic is almost double the price. 

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Khronos said:

@FudgyDocker With the current prices of reps I think that the rep would be more expensive than gen :D I saw them as low as 480€..

They're made in China too. The gen (with gen powermatic80) can be got for 513$, ask Mr. Li here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4757011

(I asked, and told him that there's no point to get them from China, even gen, if the price difference is so little, I can get one here and not have the hassle of shipping, zero guarantee and so on).

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

It'd be nice when people ask for advice on watches if they post some pics so I don't have to go Googling, Googling is hard people!

Pro-tip, right click on the net pic you want to share here, choose "Copy image", then cntl + v in the post to display. Quick 'n easy.

Tissot PRX Powermatic 80

I frankly think the Powermatic waffle dial makes it look much better than the flat of the quartz, but that's probably because you made me Google, so now I want you to spend more! 

• Like 1

Khronos
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

They're made in China too. The gen (with gen powermatic80) can be got for 513$, ask Mr. Li here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4757011

(I asked, and told him that there's no point to get them from China, even gen, if the price difference is so little, I can get one here and not have the hassle of shipping, zero guarantee and so on).

Son of a bi#@h, nothing is safe anymore... Perhaps they're all made there, I wouldn't be surprised..

Some reps are so well made nowadays, that they make sub 2k gens feel cheap. I was astonished how cheap gen Longines Hydroconquest felt compared to my VSF Omega.. 

@FunnyStarSystem The automatic version looks much more premium in the metal. It has a much better AR on the crystal and that little frame around the date window makes a world of difference. The bracelet is the same on both and it feels outstanding for the price. 

• Like 1