Sign in to follow this  
Carl77

What can I get after my first purchase?

Carl77

Hi people,

Ive just received my Sub but I'm already thinking about what I'll get next.

I think I've been infected by the reps virus! Please help me (to choose the next one)!

I'm hesitating between an Omega PO 42mm, a Dayto and a Pam Logo.

To give you an idea of what I've now, there is in the box : a gen Rolex Oyster Date, a gen Omega Speedmaster Racing, a gen Oris Day-Date, a gen Tissot Prc200 and a rep Omega Speedmaster Pro.

But you've maybe some other ideas to complete my collection, so tell me what you think about it.

bme
Hi people,

I think I've been infected by the reps virus! Please help me (to choose the next one)!

To give you an idea of what I've now, there is in the box : a gen Rolex Oyster Date, a gen Omega Speedmaster Racing, a gen Oris Day-Date, a gen Tissot Prc200 and a rep Omega Speedmaster Pro.

But you've maybe some other ideas to complete my collection, so tell me what you think about it.

Just my 2 cents but go for an Omega PO, classic watch and there are some good reps out there for not much money!

Luthier

Maybe IWC, Breitling or Corum? Everyone buy Rolexes, Omegas... so boring...

Carl77
Maybe IWC, Breitling or Corum? Everyone buy Rolexes, Omegas... so boring...

I've thought about an IWC Portuguese, but I didn't find any good reps yet (I didn't really search).

For Breitling and Corum, I just don't like these brand's style.

Big Tex

From what you have already...it seems you like basically the same style of watch. Maybe get you could get a nice really dressy watch...a skeletonized automatic....something different to break up the sameness in your collection. I know some guys who have lots of different brands...but when you put them all together and look at them as a group...they all look the same. Nothing different. Same dial color, same bezel color, same looking bracelet....only the names are different. Why don't you try a Richard Mille rep...or a Hublot...or an IWC...just something different. Heck...there are even some gen brands that are out there that have some different looking pieces...maybe a rectangular or square watch??? I have a Ritmo Mundo, and a couple of Stuhrling Originals that are rectangular just to have something different looking. It never hurts to have something different or unusual to wear from time to time.

Just my opinion though...

Edited by Big Tex

Carl77

Well it's true, I've the same kind of watch, even thought the Speed racing has a yellow dial, the Sub a green bezel and the Oris a huge GMT bezel :D

But you're right, maybe a really classical watch (Patek or Piaget), or a really original one.

I will check these one out.

Big Tex
Well it's true, I've the same kind of watch, even thought the Speed racing has a yellow dial, the Sub a green bezel and the Oris a huge GMT bezel ;)

But you're right, maybe a really classical watch (Patek or Piaget), or a really original one.

Well.....I have been collecting for over 45 years....and at one time...I noticed all of my watches looked basically the same. So I decided to add some variety to my collection...and I have found I really enjoy having something unusual or different. Something no one else has.

2point

Have a look at the Ebel 1911, beautiful finish.

Carl77

I think it's a good idea, but I'm a little bit afraid about the quality of Richard Mille reps, for example.

These watches look really complicated, and I don't know if the result on a rep is so good.

I guess you've already seen that kind of original watches' rep, what do you thin about it?

Big Tex
I think it's a good idea, but I'm a little bit afraid about the quality of Richard Mille reps, for example.

These watches look really complicated, and I don't know if the result on a rep is so good.

I guess you've already seen that kind of original watches' rep, what do you thin about it?

Well...you can always go with a homage instead of a rep. A lot of homages out there are really nice looking. Stuhrling Original makes a homage to the Richard Mille line...actually two lines...the Zepplin and the Millenia. They are available online...Shopnbc.com in the USA.and the following company....

http://www.yourdreamizhere.com/results.cgi...mp;s=40&p=9

They have a world wide warranty...as George J. Von Berg's company oversees the manufacturing of Stuhrling's watches. Just look at the link above. They have some really classy homage pieces and some nice classic designs also. I have 6 of their watches right now....and their automatic movements are really nice....mostly Chinese Sea Gull movements...which are very reliable.

Seeing reps is one thing...but finding really good ones that look nice and work properly...well...I don't have enough experience to comment properly. Maybe other guys know who makes a good Richard Mille rep.

Edited by Big Tex

Dssd
Hi people,

Rolex gmt 2c two tone sliver(stainless steel) and gold

;)

chum_2000_uk

Tag Carrera Day date :)

Jackal0718
Hi people,

now that hav a rolex, how bout a PAM for d rockstar look dude

NFleischer

Yeah- PAM 005 or PVD 026 perhaps. Or something with a rubber strap- the new Breitling with

yellow or red inner bezel to jazz it up. The RM are not great reps from what I hear.

WatchMe007
Well it's true, I've the same kind of watch, even thought the Speed racing has a yellow dial, the Sub a green bezel and the Oris a huge GMT bezel :)

Well.....I have been collecting for over 45 years....and at one time...I noticed all of my watches looked basically the same. So I decided to add some variety to my collection...and I have found I really enjoy having something unusual or different. Something no one else has.

I also noticed that I had everybody's version of a Daytona. LOL. Chrono-mania had taken over. Very similar watches.

So I branched out, too. Two favorites in the "different category" would be the Patek Phillipe Nautilus in stainless/ burnt blue, and Franck Mueller Casablancas. Check my sig.

5711_1A_010.jpg

5252_G_1290808726201.jpg

Luthier

Once you'd buy good Breitling - you'll fall in love. It's happened to me.

Carl77

Thank you all for your answers.

About Ebel, Frank Muller and Breitling, I'm not a huge fan...(except the Super Ocean).

For a Pam, I'm not sure about which one to buy. I like the 000, but I don't find any rep of it.

The PP Nautilus looks great, but I still afraid about the look of that kind of HH watches.

Can people make good reps of PP, VC or Lange?

Edited by Carl77

Carl77

Maybe a PP Aquanaut...