kibanjain

First time luxury watch question

kibanjain

I’ve been contemplating my First time luxury watch purchase. I’ve narrowed my decision down to the breitling super ocean and the omega seamaster. Everyone who I’ve spoken too has said that the omega is the superior watch. So my question is… when you’re getting into the https://showbox.tools/ 4k-6k price range does it make more sense to go with the omega simply bc of what I’ve been told and what I’ve researched based on sheer craftsmanship https://speedtest.vet/. Not that the breitling is no slouch. But I wanted to see if any first time buyers have dealt with a similar conflict when deciding or had some thoughts. Thanks in advance. Cheers !

Edited by kibanjain

neogeo999

My advice is to buy a good replica of both watches, get some wrist time and decide with one suits you the best.
Then if you still feel that you need gen, you can buy the one you liked the most and sell the reps at minimal loss.

Edited by neogeo999

CurioLeo
Just now, neogeo999 said:

My advice is to buy a good replica of both watches, get some wrist time and decide with one suits you the best.
Then if you still feel that you need gen, you can buy it as the certainty is your favorite and sell the reps at minimal loss.

This is good advice.  Determine which watch you will actually connect with before you pony up the big bucks. The reps will set you back about 7-800 bucks for both assuming you buy the best rep available (no point getting anything of lower quality if the purpose is to determine which one you want as a gen). When you decide which one you actually really, really want in gen then go and get a secondhand one in the best condition you can find and you will be ahead on the dollars and you will also have two watches to wear, one gen and and one rep, plus another rep to sell.