driplpent

Omega Speedmaster. Questions about what model and new vs used.

driplpent

I really like chronometer watches. The Omega Speedmaster seems to me like the perfect watch, (in my price range).

There are so many different types of 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 Speedmaster. Is there are resource that lists and explains different models?

Given that I am a school teacher and poor, I need to look at the least expensive. Which models specifically should I look at ?

Should I buy new or used? The least expensive new seems to be around 3.5-4 thousand dollars, which is really the extreme top of my price range.

Edited by driplpent

sishac

Just buy a Speedmaster Professional with a plastic crystal and be happy. It has great wrist presence, great legibility, great lume, and a great, handwound movement. It is Legend (wait for it) dary!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shinynewbling52

I buy all of my watches used or from gray market dealers.  Speedmasters are so common you'll see them all the time used.  I would buy used.  New prices are crazy especially for this watch.  Plus you'll see there are really no good reps of the Speedmaster Professional so one less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

GenTLe
On 15/01/2022 at 07:50, driplpent said:

I really like chronometer watches. The Omega Speedmaster seems to me like the perfect watch, (in my price range).

There are so many different types of 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 Speedmaster. Is there are resource that lists and explains different models?

Given that I am a school teacher and poor, I need to look at the least expensive. Which models specifically should I look at ?

Should I buy new or used? The least expensive new seems to be around 3.5-4 thousand dollars, which is really the extreme top of my price range.

Well, providing we are on a replica forum, and considering you wrote that you don't have a lot of money to spend on a watch, why don't you just buy one of the very good replicas (with perfectly working chrono inside) that are on the market?

For instence a Longines BigEye:

BigEye-05.jpg

https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=134&products_id=21767

Or an elegant Portofino:

637039692419818560-IWC-IW3910-24-340731.

https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=26785

Unfortunately in the latest years genuine brands started to load their chrono with complications and the result is that not a lot of good reps comes out in chrono form... Those 2 uppers are exceptions.

Otherwise, go for the speedy as it's one of the few that haven't been replicated well (ever).

GingerApple

You're all replying to a 2+ year old post (that might even be from a bot) from an account that hasn't been back on the site since the thread was posted.

• Like 2

GenTLe
4 hours ago, GingerApple said:

You're all replying to a 2+ year old post (that might even be from a bot) from an account that hasn't been back on the site since the thread was posted.

LOL :D Didn't see it above...

• Like 1

BadPickle
4 hours ago, GingerApple said:

What’s the cut-off time to reply? 

asking for a friend  :lolcina: