Pesman

Pesman's Addiction Post Christmas Carnage....

Pesman

So...I decided that I would make a resolution not to buy any more reps....I also made a resolution that I would only buy if I lost weight....wrong!

DecemberJanuary has been carnage with some lovely m2m offerings...thank you[mention=84585]Leet1983[/mention] for your will power in selling off some gorgeous watches...and Mary hunting out some crackers for my growing Onega / Bond obsession

So I am trying to purge as well...there are watches I wear so rarely that they just deserve to be on a more appreciative wrist...however I still ended up leaving a fair few behind for many reasons...

So here are the post purge survivors...minus the below - which will be on eBay or on here shortly...

b1c1c8a46215ce6374abf957174f1318.jpg

To be purged...details to follow...plus the Chronliner, IWC bronze and DSSD

The survivors...

e679ef4267dcd47257d8710f7b149c0c.jpg

The winder...often worn...

489fa847ae2cf75dc7144d8d8a89b6c9.jpg

Gen 1 - the favourites...

f742dbe5bf748b534438af567a8dffd2.jpg

Gen 2 plus a couple of reps...the tool divers and lesser worn...

bf54215a8d428e66d3c89b1565177064.jpg

Rep 1 - Breitling, IWC and the surviving ROO

fb1582e1a9dc23a6231e8f774c22652f.jpg

Rep 2 - Omega, Tudor, Blancpain and Tag

Inbound....a gen UPO Pumpkin, Rep Omega Seamaster Chrono

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Piccolo

Lots of nice watches in there..! Hope you get back on track with the weight loss:D 

APjumbo

Congrats on the incoming pumpkin, that’s high on my want list as well.

Amazing collection, that autivia, the shiny chronomat, and the black bremont really catch my eye. Drooling all over these photos.

Didn't you also have an IWC yacht something (white dial) or was that someone else?

shyreplover

Very nice collection. I notice that every british watch collector must have TAG Heuer in their collection.

Pesman
Congrats on the incoming pumpkin, that’s high on my want list as well.
Amazing collection, that autivia, the shiny chronomat, and the black bremont really catch my eye. Drooling all over these photos.
Didn't you also have an IWC yacht something (white dial) or was that someone else?
Thanks Yes I had a gen IWC Yacht Club V1 but it wore like a dinner plate (46mm no bezel) so I traded it for an IWC Ingeniuer Silver Wing but again it was just too much for me. A bit like a ROO 44mm and hatd to read. So I chopped in again and this time got the Omega AT GMT Chronograph and an ML Venurer diver in blue both of which I'm very happy with...in total all the horse trading probably cost me £800 but no pint in owing an expensive watch you won't wear even if it was a grail...now the new Yacht Club is 43mm....so I guess we're starting all over again!! I also know I'm an Omega junkie...they just work for me in size and design...

• Like 1

Pesman
Very nice collection. I notice that every british watch collector must have TAG Heuer in their collection.
Maybe true. My first gen was a smaller 41mm Carrera and since then I've had a few...a bit like Omega they just work as driving and dive watches although they are starting to get a bit expensive now with the move to Heuer in house movements...Still plenty of used stuff about..and they sell on...I did have a Monza as well but that gone towards the Pumpkin...is it the same with Yanks and PAMs?

Leet1983

Awesome collection , a nice addition in the omega box would be  a seamaster ceramic there a great watch :D

Pesman
Awesome collection , a nice addition in the omega box would be  a seamaster ceramic there a great watch 
My son has mine ('borrowed').I'm trying to blag it back! Without much success and I don't feel like driving to Bradford to get it...he also has my Avenger Blacksteel chronograph but I'm less bothered about that....

shyreplover
6 hours ago, Pesman said:

Maybe true. My first gen was a smaller 41mm Carrera and since then I've had a few...a bit like Omega they just work as driving and dive watches although they are starting to get a bit expensive now with the move to Heuer in house movements...Still plenty of used stuff about..and they sell on...I did have a Monza as well but that gone towards the Pumpkin...is it the same with Yanks and PAMs?

My first expensive watch was a Tag Heuer 1500 my dad bought me. I guess it make sense that it is popular in england since eddie heuer is british. In the US is more of a rolex land, just check reddit r/reptime, they mostly talk about rolex.

APjumbo

What happened to the longines big eye avigation. 
That piece is amazing.

Pesman
What happened to the longines big eye avigation. 
That piece is amazing.

I was wearing it….oops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

APjumbo

Phew…. I thought you sold it and I missed the opportunity.

Pesman

So....without delay I have purged again...I have a lovely PO inbound and have decided I need to keep ONLY those that will get worn (especially if i halve my collection)..its great to have a massive collection but common sense will prevail

76968cad1f9454977176f26dd1375a5e.jpg

So...these gens are staying...plus those 3 reps to the right....plus the 6 in my watchwinder I forgot to photograph...

6b3ffbee8a2b28f70266657eb5902243.jpg

These reps are staying...OK I Love Omega...sad but true...

And....

ad77c9afdbea3427408a8be48a6e57e0.jpg

These Gens are going, probably on forums or worst case eBay...

b35b56154d5046604371703c0a401c7e.jpg

And these reps will go as soon as I can get organised and buy a load of bubble wrap and boxes....

So keep your eyes open....

Man that was difficult!! But it has to be done

• Like 1

Pesman

And it's here. An original 2006 PO Pumpkin

Arrived on a Bracelet which is a perfect fit...

5c6ca43f1f1d7cf63fa8551f02f8e8a0.jpg

70cde24b47b80b64729a45850c15a080.jpg

But...I have had a certain gen something in my drawer for about 2 years waiting on this moment...

ac600158bb5c02907c8a941c1b1dbcae.jpg

bc57689da9ae9c4670dd8189b046171b.jpg

I am simply stoked...should have bought one years ago....

Right off to try and organise the purge sale...

• Like 4

BourbonGuru
On 05/02/2022 at 09:18, Pesman said:

And it's here. An original 2006 PO Pumpkin

Arrived on a Bracelet which is a perfect fit...

5c6ca43f1f1d7cf63fa8551f02f8e8a0.jpg

But...I have had a certain gen something in my drawer for about 2 years waiting on this moment...

ac600158bb5c02907c8a941c1b1dbcae.jpg

I am simply stoked...should have bought one years ago....

Right off to try and organise the purge sale...

Love these oldie but goodie reps from back in the day...i remember when these POs were the rave back in the day.  Miss my many POs i bought, wore and then sold :(.

Pesman
Love these oldie but goodie reps from back in the day...i remember when these POs were the rave back in the day.  Miss my many POs i bought, wore and then sold :(.
Rep?? Rep?? This cost me 2 of the kids and dog shipped of for scientific experiments! It's a gen...

APjumbo

Great choice pesman.

That one but in a 42 is one of my favourite models. Great taste, enjoy it.

Pesman

I am!

588517c64d0bc16de6a379246e0ed9c0.jpg

Now I really ought to get up!

BourbonGuru
11 hours ago, Pesman said:

Rep?? Rep?? This cost me 2 of the kids and dog shipped of for scientific experiments! It's a gen...

Oh man - my bad.   Beautiful watch.

I remember when these came out and a number of us would mod these with gen parts (when Ofrei would carry the parts).  Miss those days.

Wear it well.