Knuppel

'Light' subscription

Knuppel

So my sales post just got nuked. Firm but fair, i forgot to read the rules.

Now, i'm into watches., but probably not as much as most of you.
I buy one ocassionally, and when i'm fed up with it i sell it and buy another. We're talking once every 2 years. This happens to be the time when i'll be active on the forum.

If i were to sell my watch, i need to be A) very active on this forum, or B) donate €35 per year.
I don't have the time for A, and B seems like a bit much for maybe one post per year. I'd be willing to donate like €5 or €10, if I could then sell my watch. Has RWG thought of adding a light user subscription? (whilst keeping the minimum registration time). I think a lot of users would be interested, those who like watches, but aren't making a hobby out of it.

Edited by Knuppel

splke

You only have to make 50 half decent posts pal. Few piccies of you watched and maybe a hello thread. 

• Like 1

Devil

Think of all the idiot you would get trying to scam if it wasn't for option A or B... It's there for good reason in my opinion, I see no need for a "light subscription" as I'm sure people would try abuse it.

As said above, make a few posts a day, maybe of your watch or ask some questions and reply with your opinions to threads... It takes no time.

• Like 3

Knuppel
15 minutes ago, Devil said:

Think of all the idiot you would get trying to scam if it wasn't for option A or B... It's there for good reason in my opinion, I see no need for a "light subscription" as I'm sure people would try abuse it.

As said above, make a few posts a day, maybe of your watch or ask some questions and reply with your opinions to threads... It takes no time.

True, if i find it a hassle a scammer most surely would. :D

Edited by Knuppel

tribefan

This is a watch forum, with a M2M sales feature, not a sales forum about watches. If you find it a hassle to have 50 posts in five years, then can't really help you out. We're talking less than 1 post a month here.

We don't do anywhere near the sales volumes of RWI or RG because it is mostly members shuffling watches about to each other. 28 quid for VIP is not intended to be an avenue for sales, but a benefit for helping keep the lights on. 

• Like 2

GingerApple

I am also interested in the 'Membership Lite' scenario.

Please can a Mod provide further info?

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
7 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I am also interested in the 'Membership Lite' scenario.

Please can a Mod provide further info?

I think we'd all be interested in getting Ginger enrolled in this asap, maybe there's even a Superlite Membership we can slide him into? With logon privileges only on April 1 and February 29th?

• Like 1

deju
9 hours ago, Knuppel said:

True, if i find it a hassle a scammer most surely would. :D

Answered your own question really, try Reddit. 

Mystery Shopper

So OP- you rarely want to contribute a post, but you do want a safe place to buy & sell a watch, and your compromise is to contribute a fraction of the standard fees and in return you want the safe, hosted board , moderated for free board, to change things around to accommodate you?

Please :facepalm:

• Like 2

Intresting

:facepalm:

Foxindebox

Ffs…

• Like 1

brang1

you can please some people all of the time, no, thats not right-you can please lots of people for a short time - nope - you can't please all the people all of... ahh Fuck it - i want a Super Lite Membership 

• Like 3

Jibuti

I might contribute sixpence to OP's subscription. After that he must become my shoeshine boy till the end of his days. 

Edited by Jibuti
  • Like 2

Mystery Shopper

So I noticed @Knuppel is still logging in.

Since the OP posed his question in the flame free section, can I suggest we form a committee, discuss, debate and decide so when the OP returns in 2 years, to a forum to sell a fake watch that he (or whatever the appropriate pronoun is) has tired of, we can maybe have a 'light membership' (or not) available to suit the OP.

Unfortunately, I won't be available to chair.....

• Like 2

copperfront
On 14/02/2022 at 03:26, Mystery Shopper said:

So I noticed @Knuppel is still logging in.

Since the OP posed his question in the flame free section, can I suggest we form a committee, discuss, debate and decide so when the OP returns in 2 years, to a forum to sell a fake watch that he (or whatever the appropriate pronoun is) has tired of, we can maybe have a 'light membership' (or not) available to suit the OP.

Unfortunately, I won't be available to chair.....

I volunteer for 'light moderator' duty if it's available in 2 years.

wimpie007
22 minutes ago, copperfront said:

I volunteer for 'light moderator' duty if it's available in 2 years.

Don't think post whoring is setting the right example for being a MOD

copperfront
1 minute ago, wimpie007 said:

Don't think post whoring is setting the right example for being a MOD

I didn't think I was whoring too hard. I tried to at least contribute - pretty hard when its a quiet forum even on a good day.

Mystery Shopper

It does get a bit :tumbleweed:during the European night. Keep posting @copperfront