tribefan

BP Villeret Blue Dial 6654 OMF

tribefan

After 2 Patek's, 2 Omega's, 2 JLC's and a VC, I finally got one of my 2022 bucket list watches.

Beautiful blue dial Villeret perpetual calendar. Pushers are behind the lugs as gen. 1 o'clock is month, 11 o'clock is day, 7 o'clock is date and 5 o'clock is moon phase. Winds a bit tight, similar to the other Villeret I have but by half. Pushers work, but it takes some doing. I'm sure the gen is much more user friendly. The side push button on my other Villeret, while a clear tell, work well. So there's your tradeoff.

Superbly decorated modified 9015. Haven't put it on the meter yet. Bad strap. Awesome deployant, spring loaded, snaps into place with no mechanical latch, spring tension holds it in place.

Fit and finish on this is noticeably fine. Silver numerals and moon really pops and the dates are readable and easy to find. Really want the grey dial version of this, but Mary couldn't get a good one, so she got the next best thing. Can't go wrong with blue. Can't wait to get a Tango strap on this one. This really is an exquisite watch head.

j4YkI2.jpg j4YPn5.jpg j4YdZt.jpg j4YTsF.jpg j4YsW3.jpg j4Y4xn.jpg j4YwXE.jpg j4YuQs.jpg j4YvfY.jpg

• Like 5

semperfi55
1 hour ago, tribefan said:

Can't go wrong with blue.

It seems to  be the same colour indoors and out. How dynamic is the blue?

It looks like they've done quite a good job!

Video of gen:

Glad that the factories are still making this model. I'm surprised more people haven't bought one yet!

j4YSdW.jpg

FunnyStarSystem

Superb @tribefan! Love the Roman numeral font on these.

tribefan
11 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

It seems to  be the same colour indoors and out. How dynamic is the blue?

It looks like they've done quite a good job!

Video of gen:

Glad that the factories are still making this model. I'm surprised more people haven't bought one yet!

Cool video. Comparing it to gen in that video, I would say they got the tints between the dial and the moon phase reversed. ON the gen the moon phase is a bit towards purple and the dial a cobalt, whereas the rep is the opposite, darker blue dial contrasted by a more blue moon phase. Details, finish and depth of the dial are spot on. Sunburst is subtle but viewable from every angle. 

Pushers are definitely not to gen spec. The movement is nicely decorated but not close to gen. Mainspring is in a different place. But it is also a working perpetual calendar and working moon phase.

• Like 1

Abe Fromen

That shore is purdy. 

NCRich

That's really the cat's pajamas.

Junior88

Jesus that's gorgeous. Thanks again @tribefan for adding ANOTHER fucking watch to my never ending want list. :finger: 

BoobBandit

wait what? The villeret with the white dial is available? little help here fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoobBandit

@semperfi55 you uh, thinking of parting with that white dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk