Dendo

Have gen Patek prices just doubled in 2021?

Dendo

Looked away and just rechecked gen nautilus prices  - they are now more than double what I thought they were in 2020.

Need to keep saving.....

Mystery Shopper

Me too.

The olive 42mm Patek aquanaut in white gold is nearly $300k in my money. This is a watch with zero complications!! Its either a single watch or about 4 of my other gen choices!!

Dendo
8 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Me too.

The olive 42mm Patek aquanaut in white gold is nearly $300k in my money. This is a watch with zero complications!! Its either a single watch or about 4 of my other gen choices!!

Its just too ridiculously expensive now.  I doubt it is an investment, at the moment those prices are bubbling, so they will come down relatively over the years,

deju

Roughly in the UK just to stand still we are seeing increases on products of about 20% give or take. 

In relation to bubbles and not being an investment. The reality is with the current media exposure we may see Patek knock Rolex as king of hype and watches for mass market. 

I’ve yet to see the Rolex bubble burst :rofl:

Horace Derwent
Me too.

Quote every single word.

Plus it's a steel watch.

Not a titanium, gold or platinum one.

Its really hard to justify those crazy prices,even for a PP fan.

Mo999
On 12/02/2022 at 09:58, Dendo said:

Its just too ridiculously expensive now.  I doubt it is an investment, at the moment those prices are bubbling, so they will come down relatively over the years,

Agreed, its not investment anymore, bubble could burst in few years, over valued and priced