DB Cooper

Is this normal shipping?

Mystery Shopper
13 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

This would be applicable if indeed it were a TD, but this is one of those shonky websites and op is whining after the event. 

I missed that the seller was someone in Hong Kong. At least the OP knows the seller sent something- whether it is a roll of tape, a crappy watch or what the OP ordered  remains to be seen.

onzenuub
7 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

I missed that the seller was someone in Hong Kong. At least the OP knows the seller sent something- whether it is a roll of tape, a crappy watch or what the OP ordered  remains to be seen.

Dildos?

DB Cooper

I totally agree with you guys about using the TDs here. I ordered the watch in question before I found this forum. I have since ordered two watches, one each from two TDs here.  

I'm hoping the first, non-TD seller was legit, and so far they have appeared fine. They have been responding to my emails in seconds during the hours they're open in China. (Overnight here)  They have been very helpful and just offered to refund my money if the watch doesn't arrive by February 28th. They said it's a "Japanese Miyota" movement and if it's not, I'm not concerned since the cheaper Chinese movements seem to be more reliable that the expensive Rolex clones from what I'm reading here. Someone here said if they're lying about the movement what else can they be lying about. How many times have I read here accounts of members buying watches from TDs here and paying for Swiss or ETA and getting cheap Chinese instead? I saw several saying Andrew at "Trusty" lies and switches movements. So apparently we all have to wonder what ALL the sellers, TD or otherwise, are actually giving us.  We're buying illegal counterfeit items. It's a crapshoot. It's like buying heroin on the street and saying this dealer has purer product than that dealer. The only thing I can see that makes it easier is that most of the TDs here  will probably give better service.  The products they have no control over. They are probably ordering the better movement from the factory and the factory is probably telling them it's the better movement and it's not, and you're out $100+ and the TD is clueless.  All I'm saying is don't pile on the non-TD seller I bought from until I get the watch (if Customs ever releases it) and see what quality it is. They sent it FedEx, from Hong Kong to Dubai, to Paris, to Memphis to keep a low profile. They did everything they could to see it shipped here without problems. It made it to USA and is sitting at FedEx awaiting Customs clearance, like any other overseas package entering USA. Just wait and see what happens before giving psychic predictions of doom. Every good seller of reps on the entire planet can't be on our TD list. There must be other good sellers out there.  End of rant...

BadPickle
19 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Pickledbeetroot-

A. How the fuck do you know what  quality the watch is? There are probably many places out there selling watches the same quality as our TDs are.

B. It has NOTHING to do with the seller. They have been great and faster and more responsive than the two TDs I've ordered from here. It made it all the way from China to Dubai to Memphis (via Paris) and is sitting in a FedEx location awaiting Customs clearance, not lost. 

C. If it does end up seized it's bad luck that Customs seized it,. not the seller's fault. Or mine.

D. I'm not whining. Just sharing my experience with the helpful intelligent people here.

E. Is your post a joke, because I don't think you're that friggin stupid?

Jeez got a touchy one here probably better suited to Reddit imo… but ok here goes.. 

A- it’s gonna be shit,  a gmt miyota is just laughable, it’s highly HIGHLY unlikely it’s gonna be that movement, it’s gonna be a  crappy guanzio thingy 2813 full of grit with a gmt hand slapped on just following around like lost sheep… so your “td” has mislead you there from the off :lol: 

B- it has EVERYTHING to do with the seller as anyone with a dribble of experience in selling reps knows full well not to use that shipping method, they’re just banking on it getting confiscated just to keep your cash then go email stealth no refunds 

C- it will and it’s the dealers fault and if it doesn’t it’s be utter shite

D- yes you are, you’ve started 2 threads with the headline “is this normal” and now another asking for gmt advice, which is the top class watch you’ve bought from shonkyrepsellerdotcom… sounds like a whineycunt to me 

E - no joke,  and you can think what you like, doesn’t frighten me pal. 

10 years I’ve been here generally  fucking about and helping pricks like you who think they’re Charlie Knowitall Big Bollocks,  I’ve bought and sold more than I can be bothered to count and NEVER had a confiscation or a transaction go bad which speaks volumes. 

plus, at no point have you mentioned the shonky site you purchased it from OR how much you’ve spent on your trinket….   collectively we here know ALL the shitty scam sites which use gen pics to lure you in,  but you just crack on with your whining… reminds me of @TheGingerFerret when he first darkened the doormat :lol: 

tribefan
8 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

I totally agree with you guys about using the TDs here. I ordered the watch in question before I found this forum. I have since ordered two watches, one each from two TDs here.  

I'm hoping the first, non-TD seller was legit, and so far they have appeared fine. They have been responding to my emails in seconds during the hours they're open in China. (Overnight here)  They have been very helpful and just offered to refund my money if the watch doesn't arrive by February 28th. They said it's a "Japanese Miyota" movement and if it's not, I'm not concerned since the cheaper Chinese movements seem to be more reliable that the expensive Rolex clones from what I'm reading here. Someone here said if they're lying about the movement what else can they be lying about. How many times have I read here accounts of members buying watches from TDs here and paying for Swiss or ETA and getting cheap Chinese instead? I saw several saying Andrew at "Trusty" lies and switches movements. So apparently we all have to wonder what ALL the sellers, TD or otherwise, are actually giving us.  We're buying illegal counterfeit items. It's a crapshoot. It's like buying heroin on the street and saying this dealer has purer product than that dealer. The only thing I can see that makes it easier is that most of the TDs here  will probably give better service.  The products they have no control over. They are probably ordering the better movement from the factory and the factory is probably telling them it's the better movement and it's not, and you're out $100+ and the TD is clueless.  All I'm saying is don't pile on the non-TD seller I bought from until I get the watch (if Customs ever releases it) and see what quality it is. They sent it FedEx, from Hong Kong to Dubai, to Paris, to Memphis to keep a low profile. They did everything they could to see it shipped here without problems. It made it to USA and is sitting at FedEx awaiting Customs clearance, like any other overseas package entering USA. Just wait and see what happens before giving psychic predictions of doom. Every good seller of reps on the entire planet can't be on our TD list. There must be other good sellers out there.  End of rant...

A year from now you'll read this and go..."Oh"

GingerApple
4 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Jeez got a touchy one here probably better suited to Reddit imo… but ok here goes.. 

A- it’s gonna be shit,  a gmt miyota is just laughable, it’s highly HIGHLY unlikely it’s gonna be that movement, it’s gonna be a  crappy guanzio thingy 2813 full of grit with a gmt hand slapped on just following around like lost sheep… so your “td” has mislead you there from the off :lol: 

B- it has EVERYTHING to do with the seller as anyone with a dribble of experience in selling reps knows full well not to use that shipping method, they’re just banking on it getting confiscated just to keep your cash then go email stealth no refunds 

C- it will and it’s the dealers fault and if it doesn’t it’s be utter shite

D- yes you are, you’ve started 2 threads with the headline “is this normal” and now another asking for gmt advice, which is the top class watch you’ve bought from shonkyrepsellerdotcom… sounds like a whineycunt to me 

E - no joke,  and you can think what you like, doesn’t frighten me pal. 

10 years I’ve been here generally  fucking about and helping pricks like you who think they’re Charlie Knowitall Big Bollocks,  I’ve bought and sold more than I can be bothered to count and NEVER had a confiscation or a transaction go bad which speaks volumes. 

plus, at no point have you mentioned the shonky site you purchased it from OR how much you’ve spent on your trinket….   collectively we here know ALL the shitty scam sites which use gen pics to lure you in,  but you just crack on with your whining… reminds me of @TheGingerFerret when he first darkened the doormat :lol: 

How the feck did you manage to turn this  handbag-slapping, bitch fest into anti Ginger bashing!!?! That's a real skill!

DB Cooper

GingerFerret- same way he can see the future and knows my watch is shit. I'm really amazed he says it's some scam the seller has, picking FedEx to guarantee it gets seized. How does that work? The seller sends a watch wanting it to get seized just to keep my money and not do a refund or replacement? They obviously sent something, since FedEx has it. If it's a box of rocks Customs will release it and I'll get it. If it's a fake Rolex like I ordered Customs will seize it. Either way I don't see a sinister plan by the evil seller. 

The naysayers may well be right and it may be a piece of crap. I'll find out hopefully soon. It was my first rep buying experience and I hadn't found you guys yet. If I had I would've ordered from a TD here, which I just did on my next two watches. So lighten up a little fer fucsake...

As a side note I do appreciate all the input and help offered by those of you who aren't asshats suffering from severe RCI (rectal cranial inversion) and would like you to know that what has started out as me buying JUST ONE Rolex rep has turned into a major collecting addiction, thank you very much.

• Like 1

GingerApple

Don't mind Pickle, he's actually a funny, decent bloke. Knowledgeable too. Massive cunt obviously, but aren't we all?

• Like 1

DB Cooper

I actually enjoy the humour here.  Some very talented blokes.

After all we're all criminals here. It's illegal in most places to own, purchase or import counterfeit goods, and at the very least we're supporting criminal enterprises with our money.  What do you expect from our level of people? 

DB Cooper

Just want to warn you guys:

Pickledbeetroot said the non-TD place I ordered from shows gen photos on their website and sends you something else.  In that case Rolex is now using a different hand stack order on the gen GMTs. Every rep pictured on their site has incorrect hand stack, even the later model Batman with ceramic bezel, so I just wanted to let you know that Rolex is obviously using ICHS on gens now, so be advised. This will save some of you a lot of money by not paying extra for the time bomb movements.

You're welcome.

Edited by DB Cooper
Spelling

DB Cooper

Oh, also I haven't mentioned the name of the site I bought from because I've already given way too much info considering it's currently in the hands of Customs. As soon as it's either in my hands or seized I'll be happy to share the site info and photos with you all for your opinions/evaluations. Right now I'm trying to keep it under the radar.

Mystery Shopper

Is it normal that I lost interest in this thread days ago?

• Like 3

CurioLeo
19 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Is it normal that I lost interest in this thread days ago?

Hahaha, I was literally about to write the same thing albeit probably a bit more expletive ridden version :D

Mystery Shopper
1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

Hahaha, I was literally about to write the same thing albeit probably a bit more expletive ridden version :D

Its in the new members section- which is flame free- and we don't say- you had a gamble- fuck knows what will turn up, hopefully it turns out, but the chances are it won't; but hey, you are here now and hopefully your purchases from here on in are a little bit more protected from the scammers, freaks and fuckers that will rob you blind because you are an ignorant xeno that (in their eyes), that can afford to loose.

@DB Cooper- please let us know how the LEC stands up. :D

DB Cooper

j719AW.png

Okay, the end of the saga. FedEx tracking is STILL showing the package in Memphis awaiting Customs clearance. I just received an email from the seller because they said they'd refund my payment if I didn't get it by the 28th. They told me that they learned from FedEx that the package was seized by Customs and they were refunding my payment. Very sad because the watch looked so nice and they were the nicest people I've ever dealt with so far.

Now I'll see how my torobravo and silix orders go. 

BadPickle

:lol: 

• Like 2

DB Cooper

Update- I am so amazed. The non-TD seller I ordered the Coke (seized by Customs) from said they'd refund my purchase and 2 DAYS LATER they not only refunded the price of the watch to my credit card but also the shipping and banking fees.! Every cent! What a fantastic company to do business with. They were also super responsive to emails. I don't know if the watch would look as good in person as in their photos since some Customs agent is probably wearing it now.. but it's called talewatch and I dealt with about four different people there, depending upon the day I emailed them. 

If their watches meet the standards of RWG, RWG  should look into them becoming a TD here.

FudgyDocker
38 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

If their watches meet the standards of RWG, RWG  should look into them becoming a TD here.

Funniest post you've done yet :rofl:

CurioLeo
40 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Update- I am so amazed. The non-TD seller I ordered the Coke (seized by Customs) from said they'd refund my purchase and 2 DAYS LATER they not only refunded the price of the watch to my credit card but also the shipping and banking fees.! Every cent! What a fantastic company to do business with. They were also super responsive to emails. I don't know if the watch would look as good in person as in their photos since some Customs agent is probably wearing it now.. but it's called talewatch and I dealt with about four different people there, depending upon the day I emailed them. 

Great way to set up a scam - hold off disclosing who the dealer is until they have addressed everything to the highest standard of service. Now you just need gullible fools to start ordering and your "TD" goes AWOL with a huge profit.

FFS, enough of this crap . Boot this dickhead off please.

• Like 2

Devil

Sounds like you work for them. 

CurioLeo
23 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sounds like you work for them. 

I think he/she IS them

• Like 1

DB Cooper

No, I don't work for them. I just wanted to share the info with you guys here since their service was great and they treated me better than many of the glowing reviews of TDs here.  If you want to check them out fine. If not fine. 

I waited until I knew my watch was seized by Customs before posting their name here because I didn't want any extra information out there until I knew the status of my shipment. Never know who's reading this.

So no need to have assholes calling people dickheads and calling for booting them off here...

CurioLeo

Dickhead

DB Cooper

Asshole.

CurioLeo

OK  , let's dissect this a little bit.

Option 1 - you are the so called dealer or work for them and are engaged in a convoluted shill bidding type scam. CONCLUSION - dickhead

Option 2 - you stumbled upon their website and ordered a watch. They sent you something (could be lighter fluid for all you know) which was always going to be confiscated. You have no idea why it was confiscated or what it was but you still sing the praises of a potential scammer. CONCLUSION - dickhead

Option 3 - they actually sent you a watch, but a Miyota based GMT by your own admission which would be huge red flag to anyone who knows a little bit about movements. You are advised accordingly yet still sing their praises. CONCLUSION - Dickhead

Option 4 - you profess to having read the rules yet you promote a non TD on the back of a singular, alleged positive transaction and suggest they should be made a TD. Comically stupid.  CONCLUSION- Dickhead

• Like 1