tribefan

JLC Ultra Thin Grey Dial TanGo'd up

tribefan

Been after a JLC for a long, long time and finally found one that I coveted. Took a page out of the @BadApple (no it's not for sale) and did a major strap upgrade. Something I am in the process of doing with all my dress watches that still have the dreaded rep straps.

Sent a picture of the dial and some measurements to @TanGo and the rest is history.

Super sharp dress watch, wonderfully decorated caseback and movement. Nice deployant, although the leaf spring Blancpain is much better. 

Strap went straight on, no issues. Fits perfectly. And there is nothing like genuine TanGo. 

On to the pics:

ju8JN4.jpg jurDMX.jpg ju8cKI.jpg ju8xBj.jpg jurjDi.jpg ju8g1c.jpg jurzob.jpg jur3Tp.jpg jurHb5.jpg jurh5F.jpg

• Like 12

fatarms

I love this watch.  Looks awesome!

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

Very nice & I agree, the strap can really 'lift' the look of the watch.

• Like 1

tribefan
40 minutes ago, fatarms said:

I love this watch.  Looks awesome!

I was eyeing up your MASTBR for a long time. I really liked that watch and it was one of the watches that got me into reps. Finally got my hands on a JLC. Love this one too.

• Like 1

RussP

Well done @TanGo and @tribefan

That looks like a heavenly match.

• Like 1

APjumbo

Looks really nice. Great job tanGo.

What size is that JLC? 39mm?

• Like 1

Mr_B

Strap looks great. Any details on the watch itself?

• Like 1

tribefan
7 hours ago, APjumbo said:

Looks really nice. Great job tanGo.

What size is that JLC? 39mm?

4 hours ago, Mr_B said:

Strap looks great. Any details on the watch itself?

I get 38.66MM without the crown, 21MM lugs, 45MM lug to lug, 10MM thick.

Winds beautifully, no screw down crown, pusher on the sides to set the moon phase and date. Calendar is too small to read for my bifocal needing eyes. 

GF with a modified 9015. If I hold the watch to my ear I can hear the rotor spin, but on the wrist it is quiet. Signed deployant that looks nice but a little tough to snap and unsnap on  both sides of the clasp. Easy to thread the strap through though.

Picked it up M2M next door for $375 shipped, was brand new, still had stickers on it. More importantly, it was already in the US. I've had bad juju with JLC and ISC.

Very nice dress piece, and I've found with all of these leather strap dress reps, the straps have to go. This one is all set, I'd wear this anywhere with the right outfit. And it ticks another 2022 rep objective and I'm not even out of Feb yet!

Thanks for the comments guys. Once again, can't recommend @TanGo enough. Both her and Forrest are so personable to work with and each one does their own thing well. 

• Like 2

Mr_B
18 minutes ago, tribefan said:

I get 38.66MM without the crown, 21MM lugs, 45MM lug to lug, 10MM thick.

Winds beautifully, no screw down crown, pusher on the sides to set the moon phase and date. Calendar is too small to read for my bifocal needing eyes. 

GF with a modified 9015. If I hold the watch to my ear I can hear the rotor spin, but on the wrist it is quiet. Signed deployant that looks nice but a little tough to snap and unsnap on  both sides of the clasp. Easy to thread the strap through though.

Picked it up M2M next door for $375 shipped, was brand new, still had stickers on it. More importantly, it was already in the US. I've had bad juju with JLC and ISC.

Very nice dress piece, and I've found with all of these leather strap dress reps, the straps have to go. This one is all set, I'd wear this anywhere with the right outfit. And it ticks another 2022 rep objective and I'm not even out of Feb yet!

Thanks for the comments guys. Once again, can't recommend @TanGo enough. Both her and Forrest are so personable to work with and each one does their own thing well. 

Very thorough! Thanks mate