wpd659

Rolex Link screws won’t undo

wpd659

Hi all,

Sorry another thread by me! I have tried to search and find some suggestions on the site but had not much luck! Maybe I am searching the wrong terms. I have received my rep and it’s gorgeous! The dial and bezel are stunning I think! But I have a slight issue, trying to size the bracelet and the first link on the bottom (6 o’clock side) came off nice and easy.

But then when I tried to even it out and take one out the top none of the screws will turn at all not even a little! I have tried heat and boiling water and hot water to expand the metal but now I am out of ideas!

Can anyone help? Can I use penetrating fluid for car bolts or another time of oil or wd40 on the screws? But I don’t know how that would get into the threads to help me remove them? 
It’s a Rolex oyster Bracelet on a Noob V8s Sub.

Any help would be appreciated! As I just want to wear my new rep! :)

kind regards,

Will

Rx4Time

You can try WD-40, just keep it away from the watch head.   Another option is to soak it (bracelet with head removed) in baby oil.  Is removing that particular link absolutely necessary?   You might be better to remove a different link.  

Dendo

Pictures are always useful

Make sure it is a screw and not a pin pretending to be a screw

GingerApple

Good quality, perfectly fitting screwdriver head.

• Like 2

Abe Fromen

I had this issue last year with my Pelagos Ti bracelet. I soaked it in a bath of WD40 (after removing from the watch head) and that combined with a quality screwdriver and firm, slow pressure did the trick.